The Student Room Group

About subjects choice in As level

What subjects I should take in my As level whilst I am going to Persue my carrier in accounting and finance like Acca or ca
Original post by S-Alevel
What subjects I should take in my As level whilst I am going to Persue my carrier in accounting and finance like Acca or ca

I’d say maths, economics and business would set you up well for finance/accounting if your college or sixth form do them. However, I would recommend looking at uni entry requirements for accounting/finance courses to see what subjects that they are looking for.
Original post by S-Alevel

Maths and Economics is a MUST. However, Business studies is pretty easy at AS and A-Level. I would recommend picking a harder course that involves critical thinking to indicate to top universities (if you are applying to them) that you have the ability to take on a hard course like accounting or economics at university. Business studies will be good if you decide on picking 4 subjects. Nevertheless, I would also recommend checking for your preferred unis entry requirements and doing some research before finalising your AS-level subjects.
Original post by DarkSunIsDead
Maths and Economics is a MUST. However, Business studies is pretty easy at AS and A-Level. I would recommend picking a harder course that involves critical thinking to indicate to top universities (if you are applying to them) that you have the ability to take on a hard course like accounting or economics at university. Business studies will be good if you decide on picking 4 subjects. Nevertheless, I would also recommend checking for your preferred unis entry requirements and doing some research before finalising your AS-level subjects.

Do not take Economics and Business studies together as some universities class them as 1 subject due to similarities and will count it as 1 A level.. Maths is a must. The other 2 can be anything you enjoy and will do well in
Hi

Lorna from ACCA here. For us, you can choose any A Level subjects, you just need 2 A Levels and 3 GCSEs, but 2 of your GCSEs must be in English and Maths. If you don't have these academic requirements, you can begin at our Foundations level.

Hope that helps!

Quick Reply

Latest