The Student Room Group
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website

Primary PGCE Coleraine 2017-18

Scroll to see replies

Keep an eye on your email guys, I got my date for storytelling today!
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website
Original post by lilysitt
Keep an eye on your email guys, I got my date for storytelling today!

What date were you given ? If you don't mind me asking 😇
Next Friday!! Really not a lot of time to prepare, especially since I have interviews for other courses this week and next week too, panic stations!
Reply 43
Oh my word I got 2 interviews!!! Primary next Friday (same as you lillysitt) & English Post-Primary PGCE at Queens 16th Dec!!! Am stressed to say the least! ! Hope the rest of you hear soon but don't be worried if you don't, as lillysitt says there is no rhyme or reason to it, some people had their storytelling in Feb & their interview in March, some people had both over by Jan!
I am very jealous of you guys! Good luck though to both of you!! Did your online application change? When did you both submit your application if you don't mind me asking.

I know you said not to worry about it cmca86, it's just hard not to when it's your dream and other people are hearing back which makes me wonder what it means that I didn't lol.

Again, good luck to both of you!!
Original post by Coffeebeany
I am very jealous of you guys! Good luck though to both of you!! Did your online application change? When did you both submit your application if you don't mind me asking.

I know you said not to worry about it cmca86, it's just hard not to when it's your dream and other people are hearing back which makes me wonder what it means that I didn't lol.

Again, good luck to both of you!!

I submitted mine a couple of days after it opened, beginning of October if I remember correctly?

Coleraine don't change the online status, they contact you directly, it was by letter last year but email this year! my online status has never changed.

Honestly dont worry. I hope you hear soon!
Original post by cmca86
Oh my word I got 2 interviews!!! Primary next Friday (same as you lillysitt) & English Post-Primary PGCE at Queens 16th Dec!!! Am stressed to say the least! ! Hope the rest of you hear soon but don't be worried if you don't, as lillysitt says there is no rhyme or reason to it, some people had their storytelling in Feb & their interview in March, some people had both over by Jan!

Congrats!! I'm so stressed. everything always comes at once lol. I'm going to Manchester for an interview on Thursday and ive got an interview for edge hill the day before storytelling! just want to get them all over with so it can be Christmas! what time is your storytelling, I'll maybe see you there!
Reply 47
Oh flip lillysitt your Dec sounds as stressful as mine lol. I have loads of stuff on with work & home & church mixed in with these interviews including my son's 6th birthday - also might need to try to fit a day of observation in a secondary school which obv needs childcare!!

Interview in Coleraine is at 2pm, you?

I applied around the 17th or 18th Oct Coffee I think, but really that doesn't matter, there's no order in the way they contact people. Good luck!
Original post by cmca86
Oh flip lillysitt your Dec sounds as stressful as mine lol. I have loads of stuff on with work & home & church mixed in with these interviews including my son's 6th birthday - also might need to try to fit a day of observation in a secondary school which obv needs childcare!!

Interview in Coleraine is at 2pm, you?

I applied around the 17th or 18th Oct Coffee I think, but really that doesn't matter, there's no order in the way they contact people. Good luck!

Oh my goodness! I feel your pain! I teach a wee drama class and it's our parents day next Saturday as well, literally 3 days of stress in a row lol. mine is at 3.15 so I'm probably the session after yours! I can't believe they have given us less than 2 weeks
Reply 49
I know! I thought when I hadn't heard by about the 25th I assumed it would be Jan! I suppose it's good to get it over with before Christmas. Living in a constant state of fight or flight here lol. Have you picked your story yet? I think I have but not sure it's as good as last year 😕 is your Manchester one a full day?
Original post by cmca86
I know! I thought when I hadn't heard by about the 25th I assumed it would be Jan! I suppose it's good to get it over with before Christmas. Living in a constant state of fight or flight here lol. Have you picked your story yet? I think I have but not sure it's as good as last year 😕 is your Manchester one a full day?

I know, it's hard not to just curl up under the covers and stay in bed all day lol! Yeah I have mine picked but I also don't know if it's as good as last year or not :frown: but I dont have time so I'm just going with it! Yeah, Manchester is a full session from 12.30pm til about 3pm. edge hill is even longer with a group task as well!
Reply 51
hey my friend got through to the storytelling stage already. I have not heard anything from them just wondering as anyone else got through or still waiting to hear back from them?
Hey guys. I was just wondering if anyone knew where the interviews are. Mine is in G132 but i have no idea where to go once you get into the uni! Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Reply 53
If you go in the main building there's a help desk on the left and they can direct you. It's down through the double doors and you just sort of
follow it round. The corridor is labelled 'H' I think and then it turns into 'G' if you know what I mean. There were a few wee signs up as well.

How did the rest of you find the story telling? There were sooo many of us waiting on Friday :frown: and I thought everyone seemed really well
prepared/ capable, which was disappointing/ nerve wracking lol!
Reply 54
I thought the story telling was nerve wrecking!! Especially not knowing how well you have done compared to everyone else! Anyone any idea when we hear back if we have gotten an interview or not?
Reply 55
Original post by jg3795
I thought the story telling was nerve wrecking!! Especially not knowing how well you have done compared to everyone else! Anyone any idea when we hear back if we have gotten an interview or not?

Last year I heard mid Feb. Some others found out end of Jan, others found out mid March.
I've just got invited to a storytelling on the 13th Jan! Anyone else?

Also, any one have any tips on what to do, sort of put me on edge because it says tell (not read) a story but from my experience if you read a story well its is brought to life? I honestly have no idea what to do!

Doesn't help that my dissertation is due around the same time!
Hiya, mine is also on the 13th Jan! Soooo nervous, is this your first time applying too? The part about the 'telling' not reading a story threw me as well! I thought we read a story and just used loads of expression in our voice and like pointed to the pictures in the book or whatever!
Hey guys I emailed them today as I still haven't heard anything, asking for an update on my application and got a pretty much immediate response back. My email was marked as high importance and was told they would get back to me after Christmas about my application.

This has worried me a little lol. Why not tell me now, why mark as high importance, will they remember after Christmas? All these thoughts running through my head lol
Hey Coffeebeany, don't be worrying they definitely will be in touch after Christmas. I'd say your storytelling will be late January or early February :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest