The Student Room Group

Coleraine Primary PGCE 2023/24

Hi, looking for advice for my primary Pgce interview for Coleraine. If anybody has any idea of the questions or about the maths/English test any help is welcome please!! Stressing out lol

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Can I ask what story did you pick and how did you do your video. Looking help for my application for next year
Reply 2
Following this, I'd also love to know, but it's probably best to over prepare just in case. I wonder how many people they'll be interviewing for the 30 spaces? 🤔
Original post by Jane9B
Following this, I'd also love to know, but it's probably best to over prepare just in case. I wonder how many people they'll be interviewing for the 30 spaces? 🤔

When I was choosing my interview slot I had a look at how many slots there were and it seemed to be around 50-60 slots! I know though that 30 places isn’t set in stone it’s not determined until April-ish by the EA, could range from anything from 20-30 places 😭 have you got an interview?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Emor84
Can I ask what story did you pick and how did you do your video. Looking help for my application for next year

Hi! I did the colour monster by Anna llenas it’s a really good book to talk about emotions on, perfect for the age range for storytelling and there’s lots of resources online for it!!
(edited 1 year ago)
Hi! I've an interview next week, and I was wondering if anyone knows what the format is for the written and numeracy test?
Original post by ghagan2002
Hi! I've an interview next week, and I was wondering if anyone knows what the format is for the written and numeracy test?

This is what I’m trying to find out too !!
Hi! Is everyone on here attending their interview this incoming week?
Trying to guess when interviews are running to! When I was selecting my interview slot, it only give me this incoming week to choose from which made me think they were only running for one week. Although on top of the availability, it said 9th - 26th of January!! Nervous!!! 😭😭
Original post by K.D151821
Trying to guess when interviews are running to! When I was selecting my interview slot, it only give me this incoming week to choose from which made me think they were only running for one week. Although on top of the availability, it said 9th - 26th of January!! Nervous!!! 😭😭

Omg what! I only got this incoming week too so I assumed that was all the interviews they had! 🥲🥲 panicking !
Reply 9

I booked my interview before Christmas, and really only remember seeing this week in the slots. I have mine tomorrow, and have been trying to prepare as much as possible. I got an interview at Stran last year, but scored 38/40 and only applicants who scored a full 40 got through. Think coming that close has made me more nervous about this one!
Original post by H.ollyb_1581
Omg what! I only got this incoming week too so I assumed that was all the interviews they had! 🥲🥲 panicking !

Ohh sorry 😭😭 I hate to panic anyone 🙈 I thought this week only too, til I went into nosey on how many slots had been chosen lol and noticed the date, I was like whaaattt!! Lol strange though that we’re all this week & we were only given this week to choose from, so maybe that’s not what it means at all!! Good luck with your interview 🤞🏻🙏🏻
Original post by ccp87
I booked my interview before Christmas, and really only remember seeing this week in the slots. I have mine tomorrow, and have been trying to prepare as much as possible. I got an interview at Stran last year, but scored 38/40 and only applicants who scored a full 40 got through. Think coming that close has made me more nervous about this one!

Yes same here, I booked mine as soon as I got the invite & it def only gave me this week to choose from, that’s why I thought they were only running this week! I def don't remember seeing 26th Jan before! Omg thats an amazing score, but so cruel! You will do amazing, Good luck 🤞🏻🙏🏻 Im up on Thursday & honestly am sick with nerves!!
Ohh sorry 😭😭 I hate to panic anyone 🙈 I thought this week only too, til I went into nosey on how many slots had been chosen lol and noticed the date, I was like whaaattt!! Lol strange though that we’re all this week & we were only given this week to choose from, so maybe that’s not what it means at all!! Good luck with your interview 🤞🏻🙏🏻

Good luck! I’m in on Thursday too, yes I looked back at the slots again and still only seeing this week coming up. We will do amazing!
Original post by ccp87

38/40 is such an amazing score! I hope tomorrow goes well, I am in on Thursday. Wishing you best of luck!
Well done on doing your interview & thank you so much for sharing this! 🙌🏻

I bet your glad you have it over you now! 👏🏻🤞🏻

Did you still have to do the written & maths tests with doing your interview online?
(edited 1 year ago)
Well done on your interview and thanks so much for replying with some advice!

Yes, would also love to know about the maths/English test!

Thanks so much again good luck!
Reply 16
Original post by ccp87
So, I just had my interview! I had to do it online, as I work in a school and couldn't get out of work to attend in person.

I was told to log on at 3.25, to begin at 3.30... at 3.50 I was still waiting!

2 women interviewed me, Shauna and Beverley. They asked me 4 questions... my experience working with children, biggest developments in education since I went to school, the biggest challenges facing teachers today and about extra-curricular activities I think schools should offer and how I would contribute.

I asked them about time frames, and Shauna said they usually know who has a place/is on waiting list by the end of January. I also asked about feedback, and she told me you can request written feedback on your storytelling video and your interview.

Just a waiting game now - good luck to everyone else with their interviews!

So lovely for you to share.. Well done. Yes, curious about the test too with the online option..
Reply 17
Original post by H.ollyb_1581
Good luck! I’m in on Thursday too, yes I looked back at the slots again and still only seeing this week coming up. We will do amazing!

Once at the bottom of the first page I was able to click to move onto a second page which displayed the 26th of Jan as an option. Maybe they are all gone now though.
Original post by MCLF
Once at the bottom of the first page I was able to click to move onto a second page which displayed the 26th of Jan as an option. Maybe they are all gone now though.

Yes, its showing me the chosen & available slots for 26th Jan too!!
Reply 19
I asked about the test, and they said they would be in touch soon to arrange it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending