The Student Room Group

Pokémon Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Athena64
Oh, and I've got an Uber team set up already after looking at that list. :'(
I can sort something out though.

I just realized you said everything NOT on this list is okay whoops will change my team!

Also, no game chat (with the voices). I don't wike it.
I'll add you.

And oh I'm very sorry, should have discussed which to get beforehand 😂

And yeah that's fine, I don't use the voice chat thing anyway haha
Okay I didn't expect that 😂 Shame, actually, because it made the battle too fast. Do you want to do ubers now or a re-run of that battle (but I might change a couple of Pokemon)?
Original post by JRKinder
Okay I didn't expect that 😂 Shame, actually, because it made the battle too fast. Do you want to do ubers now or a re-run of that battle (but I might change a couple of Pokemon)?

Ubers.

Why does your Charizard X outspeed everything. :'(
I swear I'm not that bad. I haven't battled in ages....

Usually my Charizard Y rekts everything in the Battle Spot.
(edited 7 years ago)
Ubers.

Why does your Charizard X outspeed everything. :'(
I swear I'm not that bad. I haven't battled in ages....
Okay I'll get a team ready. It used Dragon Dance so it had +1, and it's max speed adamant with 31 IVs across the board (minus special attack) :')
Okay I'll get a team ready. It used Dragon Dance so it had +1, and it's max speed adamant with 31 IVs across the board (minus special attack) :':wink:

I underestimate the buff moves. My Pokemon definitely don't have max anything, and I haven't calculated the IVs.
I underestimate the buff moves. My Pokemon definitely don't have max anything, and I haven't calculated the IVs.
Yeah they're great if you get an opportunity to set one up. I saw one against Metagross, and took it :biggrin:
Damnnn I wanted to finish it with a shiny Mega Ray Dragon Ascent :tongue:

GG though, do you want to play a different tier, or the same again? (Or not?)
Damnnn I wanted to finish it with a shiny Mega Ray Dragon Ascent :tongue:

GG though, do you want to play a different tier, or the same again? (Or not?)

Ha! Got you by random chance.

You've pretty much seen all I have to offer... I'm sorry my Pokemon don't have good stats at all. We could try handicap to make it less... you leaving a trail of my fainted Pokemon everywhere. Or you could try non-Uber and I could try Uber?

Oh dang it I have to take a shower now. Um, bye for now? We can rematch later or something?
(edited 7 years ago)
Ha! Got you by random chance.

You've pretty much seen all I have to offer... I'm sorry my Pokemon don't have good stats at all. We could try handicap to make it less... you leaving a trail of my fainted Pokemon everywhere. Or you could try non-Uber and I could try Uber?

Oh dang it I have to take a shower now. Um, bye for now? We can rematch later or something?
Yeah that was a well-time Blizzard!

Hey don't worry, that sounds a lot of fun! I've done a lot of competitive battling in the past (probably 2 years ago now) so I have a lot of leftover Pokemon from that era. I once 6-0'd a Youtuber on his own live stream :biggrin:
Do you mind if I use, say, two ubers and 4 non-ubers?

And that's no problem, if you want to battle later then let me know when you get back. Or we could do tomorrow if that's easier for you :smile:
[video="youtube;sQLMalOLa_w"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQLMalOLa_w[/video]
Yeah that was a well-time Blizzard!

Hey don't worry, that sounds a lot of fun! I've done a lot of competitive battling in the past (probably 2 years ago now) so I have a lot of leftover Pokemon from that era. I once 6-0'd a Youtuber on his own live stream :biggrin:
Do you mind if I use, say, two ubers and 4 non-ubers?

And that's no problem, if you want to battle later then let me know when you get back. Or we could do tomorrow if that's easier for you :smile:

Realized I never replied to you. Sorry!

If you wanna rematch, though you'll just win again, I might be free tomorrow?
Realized I never replied to you. Sorry!

If you wanna rematch, though you'll just win again, I might be free tomorrow?
Hey don't worry about it!

Is there any way I can handicap myself? But yes, tomorrow sounds great! What time would be best for you?
Hey don't worry about it!

Is there any way I can handicap myself? But yes, tomorrow sounds great! What time would be best for you?

There is a handcap setting, and it means you have less Pokemon than me, but it sets itself so it won't be in affect until after a battle. Plus even just one Pokemon of yours can sweep my team. xD

Anytime now okay?
The embargo for the reviews have dropped, and they all look so positive! I'm so excited that HMs are gone, and the Gym system is more reformed than I expected. The plot is said to be one of the most complex, and apparently it's the hardest Pokemon game to date! I'm so excited!
Reply 74
Funny, I've just been playing Poke'mon Emerald version and have just defeated the Elite 4.
There is a handcap setting, and it means you have less Pokemon than me, but it sets itself so it won't be in affect until after a battle. Plus even just one Pokemon of yours can sweep my team. xD

Anytime now okay?
I could try and bring some weaker mons, perhaps? Maybe 3 OU pokemon and 3 from lower tiers?

I won't be free tonight, sorry, but tomorrow would be good, if that's okay with you?
I could try and bring some weaker mons, perhaps? Maybe 3 OU pokemon and 3 from lower tiers?

I won't be free tonight, sorry, but tomorrow would be good, if that's okay with you?

Yes, that should help out. I feel bad for making you pick bad 'mons though. I dunno, it's just a bit of fun, I'm not taking it uber seriously, so I don't mind what you go with.

Assuming tomorrow is now, I'm free this hour. :smile:
Yes, that should help out. I feel bad for making you pick bad 'mons though. I dunno, it's just a bit of fun, I'm not taking it uber seriously, so I don't mind what you go with.

Assuming tomorrow is now, I'm free this hour. :smile:
Don't worry haha, I've done similar things before with other people. Ultimately we want it to be fun, so if this is the only way to make it more even (and hence enjoyable) then I'll happily oblige :smile:

I'll enjoy the challenge of using some weaker mons, regardless :wink:

Would you be free in about 75mins? Sorry if that's a bit late, I'm just going to be a bit busy until about 10:20ish.
Don't worry haha, I've done similar things before with other people. Ultimately we want it to be fun, so if this is the only way to make it more even (and hence enjoyable) then I'll happily oblige :smile:

I'll enjoy the challenge of using some weaker mons, regardless :wink:

Would you be free in about 75mins? Sorry if that's a bit late, I'm just going to be a bit busy until about 10:20ish.

Of course, it'll be more fun than you winning all the time. Maybe we should try the inbuilt handicap and see if that works first?

Ah, that is. I'm trying to fix my sleeping schedule, and 10 is my self-imposed bedtime. Tomorrow okay?
Of course, it'll be more fun than you winning all the time. Maybe we should try the inbuilt handicap and see if that works first?

Ah, that is. I'm trying to fix my sleeping schedule, and 10 is my self-imposed bedtime. Tomorrow okay?
I don't mind, whichever you prefer. I have a team of weaker mons at the ready, so it doesn't matter either way to me.

Oh, sorry! Yes, tomorrow should be fine. Just comment on here whenever you're free!

Quick Reply

Latest