The Student Room Group

Student finance eligibility

Hello, i hope you can help me on this because every person i talk to gives me a different answer!

I am looking into going to university but only if i can access student finance. I currently hold a Trinity College London Level 6 Diploma in Professional Dance however, I am looking into studying something else. Does this mean I am not eligible for student finance? I know some people have gone on to study at uni and secure student loan after gaining the diploma however I am unsure. thanks!

The official SFE reps answer these threads during normal office hours Mon-Sat :smile:
Original post by georgc041
Hello, i hope you can help me on this because every person i talk to gives me a different answer!
I am looking into going to university but only if i can access student finance. I currently hold a Trinity College London Level 6 Diploma in Professional Dance however, I am looking into studying something else. Does this mean I am not eligible for student finance? I know some people have gone on to study at uni and secure student loan after gaining the diploma however I am unsure. thanks!
Hi there,

Can you please advise me of what course it is that you would like to do? Also, what university? Would it be Full Time or Part Time? What level?

Thanks, Ross
Reply 4
Original post by Ross SLC
Hi there,
Can you please advise me of what course it is that you would like to do? Also, what university? Would it be Full Time or Part Time? What level?
Thanks, Ross
I am unsure what and where at this moment in time but it will be most likely a BA degree and full time.
I am unsure what and where at this moment in time but it will be most likely a BA degree and full time.
Once you know the course you would like to do please get back to us. We would need to check it's eligible for support and if you would also be eligible due to you already holding a degree.

Thanks, Ross
Reply 6
Original post by Ross SLC
Once you know the course you would like to do please get back to us. We would need to check it's eligible for support and if you would also be eligible due to you already holding a degree.
Thanks, Ross
would it have to be one of the specific ones listed here: https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/who-qualifies
would it have to be one of the specific ones listed here: https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/who-qualifies
Hi George, it will depend on the level of the course and the subject you're looking to study. If you do have any courses in mind then do let us know. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending