The Student Room Group

Should I do additional maths?

I'm currently doing additional maths as an extra GCSE (year 11). I love maths and find it extremely interesting however I would be doing so many GCSEs that when it comes to exam season I could stress out a lot. Do you think it is worth it and do sixth forms think additional maths is a pretty good GCSE?
If you enjoy the subject then why not give it a try
Yes you would have a lot of exams but just manage your time wisely
Besides you find the subject interesting so am sure you'll ace it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Do it if you want to but it's not necessary at all and to be honest sixth forms don't care too much if you have additional Maths or not. The new Maths spec is much harder than the older one so only take it you feel your good at Maths and can manage it well.

If you want to do it and feel you can ace Maths by all means do it as it would help you in AS Maths (looking at your interest and love for Maths you might be wanting to take it to A level I guess). I am currently doing AS Maths and finding core 1 to be easy and quite doable with a bit of practice without the additional Maths
additional maths is only one extra exam and it is quite fun if you enjoy maths

if you already do 10+ subjects then it might be a bit much, but tbh we learnt it in a couple of months then you just need to do the past papers

Quick Reply

Latest