Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So now you have GCSE's, A levels and presumably you’re going to go on to complete a degree, how much money are you personally expecting to be earning by the time your 30 years old ?

Just wondered

ReputationRep:
    About 50 pence a year, I want to go into academia

ReputationRep:
    Tough question... I really can't say. What I want to be earning is totally different from what I probably will end up earning...

ReputationRep:
    With a degree in computer science, I would expect 40 grand. There are so many factors to this though that it is almost impossible to tell.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    About £80k a year would be good.

ReputationRep:
    realistically.will.probably.maki ng.around.200/300k...would.like.to.be.making.a bout.1.2.million..
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by springapp)
    realistically.will.probably.maki ng.around.200/300k...would.like.to.be.making.a bout.1.2.million..
    Lol, only £300k then! :p: What is it that you plan on doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr_Deeds)
    Lol, only £300k then! :p: What is it that you plan on doing?
    haha yeah well maybe I should go into whatever field he is, i think he is beig sarcastic though
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by marie89)
    haha yeah well maybe I should go into whatever field he is, i think he is beig sarcastic though
    You're probably right; if not I'll be planning a career change. No, that would be shallow, wouldn't it? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    dame i hate it when my threads don't get many replys, oh wait they never do hahahahaha i guess i'm not creative enough:p:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by marie89)
    dame i hate it when my threads don't get many replys, oh wait they never do hahahahaha i guess i'm not creative enough:p:
    I thought it was a damn good thread! I'll review it in 12 years time and realise either a.) how overly optimistic/naive I was or more like b.) how much of a failure I have become! If that doesn't motivate me nothing will!

ReputationRep:
    Reviewing this site in 12 years would make you realise how much of a failure the internet will have become.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by ChrisRH)
    Reviewing this site in 12 years would make you realise how much of a failure the internet will have become.
    Lol! Good point :cool:

ReputationRep:
    There is a very similar thread to this, 7 pages long....
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=432035

ReputationRep:
    If everything goes to plan and I'm a fully-fledged accountant, I should (if you go by a sort of average) be earning about 30K a year. Hopefully.

ReputationRep:
    Its ridiculous to suggest that in 10 years the economy wont have changed anyway, i mean - whilst the average wage might be 30k now, in 10 years that could be anything!(10k - 70k who knows)

ReputationRep:
    £5.35 an hour plus commision..lol

ReputationRep:
    this thyme next yeah will be millyunairs

ReputationRep:
    11K a year, as is the case with most conservation jobs heehee, but I wouldn't do it for the money. It's more important to enjoy the job, I think, but I would hope to work my way upwards Besides with that wage, I wouldn't have to pay my uni loans back :p:

ReputationRep:
    taking inflation into account..i should hope at least 40 000

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.