The Student Room Group

can you apply to clearing without applying in jan?

im hoping to complete an access course and start from now until summer! could i apply in the summer and complete a nursing or social work one by then??
Yes, but you may as well apply now (even without predictions) to maximise your chances. Worst case you end up with no offers and use clearing anyway.
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
Yes, but you may as well apply now (even without predictions) to maximise your chances. Worst case you end up with no offers and use clearing anyway.

ah ok thank you! i haven’t signed up yet either !
Original post by Anonymous
ah ok thank you! i haven’t signed up yet either !

You've still got a couple of months. If you receive even one offer it at least gives you something to think about. You can always decline it and use clearing anyway.
Reply 4
You've still got a couple of months. If you receive even one offer it at least gives you something to think about. You can always decline it and use clearing anyway.

is it hard to do an access course in a short period of time
is it hard to do an access course in a short period of time

I honestly don't know for certain. If the course has an intake in Jan then it must be feasible. However if it's the type of course that you can enrol on at any time and it's self guided, then it may be a struggle. I would contact someone at the college who looks after the course for guidance.
Reply 6
I honestly don't know for certain. If the course has an intake in Jan then it must be feasible. However if it's the type of course that you can enrol on at any time and it's self guided, then it may be a struggle. I would contact someone at the college who looks after the course for guidance.

it’s from learn direct and i can start now… it is self guided too so probably not a good idea not too sure 😬 should i call them
it’s from learn direct and i can start now… it is self guided too so probably not a good idea not too sure 😬 should i call them

You could do, but take what they say with a pinch of salt. They are trying to sell you the course remember!
Reply 8
You could do, but take what they say with a pinch of salt. They are trying to sell you the course remember!

it’s just im really annoyed as i stopped self studying a levels in the winter- summer and cancelled my courses with the online provider. this is bc i wanted to try an access to nursing at a college because i struggle with education and i really enjoyed doing my a levels as i understood them but knew that i may struggle with the exams. the college messed me around and kept delaying the start time and then they cancelled the course. now, im stuck here regretting stopping my a levels so im not sure if i should go back to the A-levels and do my exams next year now and then find a different provider or go with an access course online… I was supposed to go to uni in 2024 but definitely not happening now.
Original post by Anonymous #1

You cannot take out an advanced learner loan with learn direct. I would suggest using a traditional college who offers distance learning options. I started one in October and finished in May, you would have to work like crazy starting in January.

Course Search
Reply 10
Original post by random_matt
You cannot take out an advanced learner loan with learn direct. I would suggest using a traditional college who offers distance learning options. I started one in October and finished in May, you would have to work like crazy starting in January.

Course Search

i could start now it says. i was going to use a college but read above my other post. the college messed around and cancelled the course so i have no choice really
Reply 11
Original post by random_matt

Course Search

as i said above, i was applying to a college but rhey cancelled the course. i can possibly do A-Levels but can i get into uni in 2025 without teachers / meaning no reference or predicted grades or wait until september to see if they have the course again at the college.
Reply 12
update : they said that i would need to finish 5 modules before the application in jan which is apparently doable because the first two are simple and they will provide a reference and predicted grades for me .. does this sound reliable?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending