The Student Room Group

How does university of Wolverhampton classification work

The calculator does not work for classification currently. Does anyone know how degree for undergrad law is classified pls
Original post by Anonymous
The calculator does not work for classification currently. Does anyone know how degree for undergrad law is classified pls

See Section 5 (Awards) in the University of Wolverhampton's Academic Regulations 2022-23, here.

Assuming you studied all 360 credits at Wolverhampton itself (i.e. you didn't transfer in), then they take the "Percentage average based on best results from 180 level 5 and level 6 credits; at least 100 credits must be at level 6". Then they use the normal 40%, 50%, 60% and 70% thresholds, but they also have some extra rules if you're close to the threshold of the next classification up (see 5.2.1a on page 25).
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
See Section 5 (Awards) in the University of Wolverhampton's Academic Regulations 2022-23, here.

Assuming you studied all 360 credits at Wolverhampton itself (i.e. you didn't transfer in), then they take the "Percentage average based on best results from 180 level 5 and level 6 credits; at least 100 credits must be at level 6". Then they use the normal 40%, 50%, 60% and 70% thresholds, but they also have some extra rules if you're close to the threshold of the next classification up (see 5.2.1a on page 25).

Thank you for this 🙂 so I they have to count 100 credits from level 6. So we student 120 credits in level 6 and 120 level 5. So they only look at 4 modules from level 5 the rest from 6
Thank you for this 🙂 so I they have to count 100 credits from level 6. So we student 120 credits in level 6 and 120 level 5. So they only look at 4 modules from level 5 the rest from 6

Sort of. They don't "have to count 100 credits from level 6". They say, "at least 100 credits must be at level 6". The precise usage of words is important.

Let's assume we're talking about courses where all modules are worth 20 credits, as is the case for LLB (Hons) Law. Now let's suppose you got 60% in every level 6 module and 50% in every level 5 module. So every level 6 module is "better" than every level 5 module. They say they take, the "best results from 180 level 5 and level 6 credits", with the caveat that "at least 100 credits must be at level 6". In this scenario they'd take 120 credits (6 modules) from level 6 and just 60 credits (3 modules) from level 5.
Reply 4
Original post by DataVenia
Sort of. They don't "have to count 100 credits from level 6". They say, "at least 100 credits must be at level 6". The precise usage of words is important.

Let's assume we're talking about courses where all modules are worth 20 credits, as is the case for LLB (Hons) Law. Now let's suppose you got 60% in every level 6 module and 50% in every level 5 module. So every level 6 module is "better" than every level 5 module. They say they take, the "best results from 180 level 5 and level 6 credits", with the caveat that "at least 100 credits must be at level 6". In this scenario they'd take 120 credits (6 modules) from level 6 and just 60 credits (3 modules) from level 5.

Ok thank you, I have got a mix of percentages to be honest just really hoping for a 1st but 2 of my assignments I got 55% and 64% on another I have got 75%, 70%, 70% then the rest of results hopefully coming soon. Just worried I won't be able to do get a first because some of the bad modules
Ok thank you, I have got a mix of percentages to be honest just really hoping for a 1st but 2 of my assignments I got 55% and 64% on another I have got 75%, 70%, 70% then the rest of results hopefully coming soon. Just worried I won't be able to do get a first because some of the bad modules

Understood. It all depends on how many "bad modules" there are. At least you know how they work this out now, so you can establish the impact of the remaining results when they come in.

It's odd that you've listed just 5 results above. Shouldn't you have the results from all 6 modules at level 5 (last year) by now? It's possible you'd have the results from some level 6 modules by now too, if they were completed within the first semester.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending