The Student Room Group

When do Unis get grades

My firm uni course was in clearing but now it’s not. Is it likely it got full with people with grades from last year or do the unis already have our grades for this year?
(edited 8 months ago)
It’s more likely that it got full from clearing from other people applying who had their grades already or even not but don’t give up! Their might be a waiting list so I’d contact the uni as well if u don’t already have another space for clearing u r interested in
Original post by ebyrne2036
It’s more likely that it got full from clearing from other people applying who had their grades already or even not but don’t give up! Their might be a waiting list so I’d contact the uni as well if u don’t already have another space for clearing u r interested in

Sorry I wasn’t clear. I have a conditional offer for the course and it’s my first choice. I just wondered why it was in clearing and now it’s not seeing as results aren’t out yet.
Original post by jimmybonds007
My firm uni course was in clearing but now it’s not. Is it likely it got full with people with grades from last year or do the unis already have our grades for this year?

If you have a conditional offer and you meet it then a university has to take you whether full or not. They wouldnt be fill yet as they havent had the A level results yet. It may be different for a Scottish university where most applicants take Scottish exams where the results are out.

The problem is this year some universities have stated clearing places early. Exeter being an example. Normally popular universities dont usually state their vacancies until they know for definite on results day what numbers they have got. What university is it and for what course.
It is SQA results day today so expect that is why.
Unis get grades before students, but are under embargo and can't take any actions that would potentially reveal a student's results to them (for example accepting or rejecting their offer before results day when students get the results).

I think they get them the Friday before A-level results day if memory serves?

Just because a course is not in clearing now does not mean it will not be in clearing on results day - the bulk of courses are added to clearing on A-level results day. Clearing officially opens on IB results day (about a month and a half or so before A-level results day) but usually only a few courses are added at that time and most added on A-level results day.

As noted above today was SQA results day so Scottish students got all their results today.
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by CrimsonFlower
It is SQA results day today so expect that is why.

Thanks. My guess is b this is why my course is now not in clearing anymore!
Reply 7
Thanks. My guess is b this is why my course is now not in clearing anymore!

Unis should get A level results on Friday so it could go n clearing again. Those who are close to their offers will probably get in - unis need to fill courses.
Universities receive your grades a few days before you (however they take several days to process them, and are embargoed until results day).

Most places in clearing don’t get announced until the morning of results day. The ones available in clearing now and are the ones which are under subscribed to regardless of A-level results.
(edited 8 months ago)
If you want to know exactly when UCAS and then universities get the results then I'll be updating https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7368672 when it happens
Sorry I wasn’t clear. I have a conditional offer for the course and it’s my first choice. I just wondered why it was in clearing and now it’s not seeing as results aren’t out yet.

Yep, it will have been that there were spare unfilled places, be that from shortage of applicants meeting the required standard, or IB or Scottish students missing their offers, and those places have been filled up by people who can already use Clearing, be that IB/Scottish/international students or people with A-level grades from a previous year. Much more than that, we can't really tell!
Funny. It then changed to full and now it's back in clearing :biggrin:
Funny. It then changed to full and now it's back in clearing :biggrin:

Maybe someone dropped out :dontknow:

No need to worry though, you'll hopefully be accepted next Thursday when you meet your offer! :tongue:
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending