Incorrect maths modules UCAS

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    My UCAS application has been submitted and I noticed today that I have the incorrect Further Maths modules down. I am taking AS Further Maths this year and I accidentally put down the modules I'm doing the same as my A2 Maths. I called UCAS this morning and they told me to call the universities on Monday to notify them.
    Do you think this will negatively effect my application in anyway? I'm really worried that it will

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by economicsnerd)
    My UCAS application has been submitted and I noticed today that I have the incorrect Further Maths modules down. I am taking AS Further Maths this year and I accidentally put down the modules I'm doing the same as my A2 Maths. I called UCAS this morning and they told me to call the universities on Monday to notify them.
    Do you think this will negatively effect my application in anyway? I'm really worried that it will
    No it was an honest mistake im sure they will understand

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OrdinaryStudent)
    No it was an honest mistake im sure they will understand
    Thank you for some hope
    So do you reckon they'll just change it on their system and just consider me equally?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for some hope
    So do you reckon they'll just change it on their system and just consider me equally?
    yep, I doubt they have even looked at your application right now, so when you call and change it on their system the person reviewing your application in maybe 1 weeks time will just consider you as a normal applicant.

ReputationRep:
    yep, I doubt they have even looked at your application right now, so when you call and change it on their system the person reviewing your application in maybe 1 weeks time will just consider you as a normal applicant.
    Okayy phew, am I right in saying that putting modules down aren't compulsory in the first place so it would be unfair for them to judge students based on modules in the first place because not everyone would have put them down?

ReputationRep:
    Okayy phew, am I right in saying that putting modules down aren't compulsory in the first place so it would be unfair for them to judge students based on modules in the first place because not everyone would have put them down?
    yeah a lot of applicants dont really put down their modules as not all unis ask for them. The only uni I know where you have to put down your modules is cambridge

ReputationRep:
    yeah a lot of applicants dont really put down their modules as not all unis ask for them. The only uni I know where you have to put down your modules is cambridge
    oh okay that makes me feel better, thank you!

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 17, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.