The Student Room Group

OCR Chemistry A 2017 Exam Thread (New A Level)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by APersonYo
I think an A is going to be 226
Why?
My teacher is an examiner and she said for paper 1 she has marked 2 papers were one person got 7 marks and another person got 97. Im predicting fairly standard grade boundaries for paper 1 and 2. Paper 3 was too long so im expecting the A boundary to be slightly lower, so essentially 226

226 wouldn't be standard for an A. Usually it's between 76-78%. 226 is a whopping 84% which is what an A* typically was in the old spec
Original post by studentsixth
226 wouldn't be standard for an A. Usually it's between 76-78% is a whopping 84% which is what an A* typically was in the old spec

Ooops. My mistake took 85 percent to be an A. Okay, well, based on the available information I have Im assuming paper 1 and paper 2 are standard papers;however, even an examiner agreed with me that paper 3 was too long so I believe the grade boundary for that is going to be slightly lower... so....

Probably 211 around 210 ish
It definitely will not be more than 76% lol, an A for AS last year was 77% and those papers were piss easy, and more people get As at A2 I think
Reply 2943
Original post by epistasis
It definitely will not be more than 76% lol, an A for AS last year was 77% and those papers were piss easy, and more people get As at A2 I think

Breadth and depth were 56 and 52 out of 70 for an A and they were much easier.

Surely unified would be lower than 52 for an a if depth was 52?
Original post by SGHD26716
Breadth and depth were 56 and 52 out of 70 for an A and they were much easier.

Surely unified would be lower than 52 for an a if depth was 52?

Without a doubt, I think depth was of a similar difficulty to paper 1 and 2, and unified quite a bit harder than those two, saying that I don't think the overall boundary for the three papers could be lower than 74% however it would be nice. I think it'll be between 200-205 for an A.
Reply 2945
Without a doubt, I think depth was of a similar difficulty to paper 1 and 2, and unified quite a bit harder than those two, saying that I don't think the overall boundary for the three papers could be lower than 74% however it would be nice. I think it'll be between 200-205 for an A.

There's a chemistry tutor on twitter and his predictions are 77,79, 47, for an A so 203 for an A.

Nervous as f#ck man
There's a chemistry tutor on twitter and his predictions are 77,79, 47, for an A so 203 for an A.

Nervous as f#ck man

Yeah he normally predicts a tad too high so I'm hopeful
Reply 2947
Yeah he normally predicts a tad too high so I'm hopeful

Good luck to you mate. What's your offer?
Good luck to you mate. What's your offer?

Thanks man you too :smile:
A*AA, you?
Reply 2949
Thanks man you too :smile:
A*AA, you?

AAA. Certain about maths. Bio and chem are unsure.
AAA. Certain about maths. Bio and chem are unsure.

Lol Biology is a lost cause for me, but yeah most confident about maths too
Reply 2951

The wait is killing me but what can you do?

Exactly, it's just a waste of time worrying, should just enjoy summer, worst comes to worst, would have to take a gap year, won't die or anything.

This is what I'm trying to tell myself

What do you guys wanna do at Uni? Medicine?
Reply 2954
Original post by Batgirl98

Yes
Original post by Batgirl98

Myself yes
Exactly, it's just a waste of time worrying, should just enjoy summer, worst comes to worst, would have to take a gap year, won't die or anything.

This is what I'm trying to tell myself

damn that was actually quite reassuring
Hey guys what do you think the grade boundaries would be for chemistry depth and breadth
Original post by nisha.sri
Hey guys what do you think the grade boundaries would be for chemistry depth and breadth

Tbh we wouldn't know. We're A2
@nisha.sri what do u think???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending