The Student Room Group

OCR Chemistry A 2017 Exam Thread (New A Level)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheAlphaParticle
Thank you!! I was convinced I did it all right, went over it more than 3 times. I imagine either people didn't convert the moles they gave into concentrations first before plugging it into Kc or they forgot to give the answer in moles

Was 6 not the concentration of S03? It wanted the moles right? So you had to times that by the volume, 0.4, giving you 2.448 i believe i got to 3.d.p
wasnt the method provided a clock reaction tho

Original post by numan1234
Clock reaction
Original post by TheAlphaParticle
Thank you!! I was convinced I did it all right, went over it more than 3 times. I imagine either people didn't convert the moles they gave into concentrations first before plugging it into Kc or they forgot to give the answer in moles

I got 6 point something at first but it wasn't right
Reply 1183
Original post by __kit
This has been bugging me i got second but my friend got first so im not sure. I got first half life as 900s but then the second i got 500s. I did it so many times as i didnt think they could ask us second but i may have made a mistake. Whichever one it was should get marks for initial rate and then error carried forward for working out k and units!

I got first order, with first half life as 900 and second around 950. Close enough to call it first order I believe

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Toffo132
You had to square root Ka*[SO2]*[O2] then times by the volume for moles.

I square rooted it but didnt times it by the volume will still get something..
Original post by MilindS99
What did people put for the first entropy question, where it was barium sulfate formed? I put 2mol aq to 2mol aq and 1mol solid so decrease as solid less disordered

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was technically 6 moles aqueous (ions count separately) to 4 moles aqueous, 1 mole of solid, so definitely a decrease.
Original post by h3rmit
Oh. Well, I guess I've learnt something new. Would have been nice to learn it in lesson before the exam, but hey-ho.

this guy has changed his tune :biggrin: karma
What was the question on calculating the concentration of Ethanoic acid? I can't remember it at all, did it give the pH?
I got 4.5 for the ph question
WOW looks like I'm not getting my offer for vet med :frown:
Original post by Claireharg
What was the question on calculating the concentration of Ethanoic acid? I can't remember it at all, did it give the pH?

0.753moldm^-3
How many marks were for the SO3 question and the question about an alternate way of measuring the rate of reaction ?
Original post by eryk_laroche
stfu ill brap u up before u can even remember the buffer equation G

Skrrrr watch ur back bby
I reckon 73-75 for an A some math questions were tricky
Beautiful exam! Couldn't have wanted the paper any other way.
Anyone get mol^-1 dm^3 s-1 for the units one?
Original post by ljfwjefe
How many marks were for the SO3 question and the question about an alternate way of measuring the rate of reaction ?

The Kc SO3 one was 4 marks. The alternative measuring method question was 1 mark
Original post by epsilon9012
I reckon 73-75 for an A some math questions were tricky

Possibly!
Original post by laney1999
Anyone get mol^-1 dm^3 s-1 for the units one?

it actually gave those units in the question as well
Original post by ukgjyhtrhv
it actually gave those units in the question as well

The units were dm^3mol^-1s^-1

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending