The Student Room Group

OCR Chemistry A 2017 Exam Thread (New A Level)

Scroll to see replies

just seen a few people writing about an unofficial mark scheme, i can't find it. someone link it me please?
Why is it -110 for the enthalpy formation one and not +110?
Original post by Chemndjsshdjdj
Anyone else mess up the kp expression, feel so stupid. Needed an A for med and losing marks left right and centre :frown:

Me too 😭 This morning I researched gap years 😂
Original post by erinls2
Me too 😭 This morning I researched gap years 😂

Yeah I've been researching med school resit policies :frown: the application process is literal hell, it's just so annoying that I won't get in cause of stupid mistakes I made due to being an idiot :frown:
Original post by erinls2
I know everyone here has found the paper fairly easy. I think it was but I actually made so many stupid mistakes and I know I've just thrown away marks in this paper. Like the difference in boiling points between PH3 and NH3 I blanked on forgot about H bonds and that's just simple chemistry. I don't think I'll get more than a B on this paper and I need an A for med school. How well have I got to do on the next 2 and do you think it'll be hard for me to get an A if I get a B in one paper?

Don't worry, Organic is meant to be the easiest paper because if you know all the reactions and reagents then you have nothing to worry. Physical Chemistry requires more applying than organic. My teacher said grade boundary for physical chemistry is low because it is hard. Stay positive.
Original post by Ameet Daiki
Don't worry, Organic is meant to be the easiest paper because if you know all the reactions and reagents then you have nothing to worry. Physical Chemistry requires more applying than organic. My teacher said grade boundary for physical chemistry is low because it is hard. Stay positive.

organic chemistry is so much harder!!
wow... this threads making me feel great!! am i the only one that ran out of time and really messed it up??
Original post by lulus123456789

When you used the Hess cycle did you take into account the fact that you do opposite of the sign for the reactants so you have to flip the sign. Sorry if thats a bad explanation
Original post by Dan Milik
When you used the Hess cycle did you take into account the fact that you do opposite of the sign for the reactants so you have to flip the sign. Sorry if thats a bad explanation

ugh i forgot to do that. Also what was the acid and conjugate base answer with the two weak acids?
ugh i forgot to do that. Also what was the acid and conjugate base answer with the two weak acids?

I think i put acid base base acid, not sure though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cordeliaheath_
wow... this threads making me feel great!! am i the only one that ran out of time and really messed it up??

No!!! I barely finished and made so many mistakes. :smile:
Guys. Can we just establish that many people on TSR are A* grade students. Like the top 5% of performing students. Don't feel disheartened if everyone else says its easy, because most people are med students..or people who are very clever. Chemistry IS hard. One of the hardest A levels to be honest. Don't feel bad. Please. Life ain't about Kp haha
Everyone seems to have done amazingly
Original post by Student9191837
I wasn't sure if I should put MnO4- or Mn as Mn is the one that would accept/give (can't remember the qu) would I get it wrong for putting Mn instead of MnO4-?

I'm afraid yes probably, because they are different.
Reply 1394

it rearranged to that. and the other values in the table were negative
Reply 1395
Original post by SashaWicks
I think it was chlorine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes :smile:
Haha- we're not pretentious- I only commented because I hated all the ********s mocking people who got a different answer to them when everyone's trying to explain why the true answer is 4.5002. Tbf my comment did come across badly :')
Does anyone have any tips for revising for monday's exam?

I had been using the old papers to revise and doing well but the new style questions threw me. I'd be grateful for any advice to try and salvage my grade
Did the pH change or stay the same ? I got 4.500 for the pH but the part after that I didn't have a clue
are alkanes and alkenes functional groups?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending