The Student Room Group

Open University Environmental Sciences, is it worth it?

Hello, I'm currently studying Wildlife Conservation at Salford and feel as though this uni life isn't for me. I want to know if anyone has studied with Open University and are they employed now due to it? The work which I want to get in with doesn't really employ you on what university you went to, more so if you have experience or not. In reality I can volunteer whilst working my Open University course as well, aside from that, it's much cheaper than that of a university course and won't require a maintenance loan as I will be working a job.
I think there are some people who are/have done this degree in the Open University forum (use the search function to find older threads). You could also do some LinkedIn stalking to see where OU Environmental Studies graduates work after they've finished their degree.
Reply 2
Original post by xonestepawayx
Hello, I'm currently studying Wildlife Conservation at Salford and feel as though this uni life isn't for me. I want to know if anyone has studied with Open University and are they employed now due to it? The work which I want to get in with doesn't really employ you on what university you went to, more so if you have experience or not. In reality I can volunteer whilst working my Open University course as well, aside from that, it's much cheaper than that of a university course and won't require a maintenance loan as I will be working a job.

Hi did you do an OU course in the end? I'm in the same situation currently midway through an animal biology course. Considering the biology OU degree. Any advice is appreciated!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending