The Student Room Group

Edexcel 3C + 4C

Hello guys, I want to start this thread for those doing American politics A2. What are your thoughts, where have you started in the specification, how are you finding it? American Politics this year will be really interesting!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Foji
Hello guys, I want to start this thread for those doing American politics A2. What are your thoughts, where have you started in the specification, how are you finding it? American Politics this year will be really interesting!
Posted from TSR Mobile

there won't be any replies to you until like a week before the A2 exams next year. im doing the US topics and im quite nervous. what materials, books and resources are you using to study them?
Reply 2
Original post by Audrey18
there won't be any replies to you until like a week before the A2 exams next year. im doing the US topics and im quite nervous. what materials, books and resources are you using to study them?

I'm using those hodder's books and they're quite helpful! Where abouts are you in the spec?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Foji
I'm using those hodder's books and they're quite helpful! Where abouts are you in the spec?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am using the Hodder education revision guide and Bennett textbook. Do you think memorising the revision guide would be enough?
Reply 4
Original post by hw1221
I am using the Hodder education revision guide and Bennett textbook. Do you think memorising the revision guide would be enough?

How are you finding it?

I am self teaching and do not know wether to do America or Political Ideologies
Reply 5
Original post by Foji

Posted from TSR Mobile

Reply 6
Original post by 3mmz

Do ideologies, it is so much more interesting. If I could I would swap unit 4C which I am doing for 4B. It would make more sense too as I am studying ideologies in unit 3.
Reply 7
Original post by hw1221
Do ideologies, it is so much more interesting. If I could I would swap unit 4C which I am doing for 4B. It would make more sense too as I am studying ideologies in unit 3.

I did ideologies last year
Unit 3 ideologies is not bad but didn't like unit 4 at all. Very boring and horrible unit.

I heard America was easier than ideologies because it's similar to what we did in AS but it seems people who do the American unit dislike it lol?
How come your doing different topics for unit 3 and 4? Can you do that lol?
Reply 8
Original post by 3mmz

I self taught last year and did ideologies
Got a B overall. Was very lucky to get that..got a B in unit 3 and a D in unit 4 lol.

America is supposed to be easier supposedly lol
Reply 9
Original post by hw1221

really?
I heard Ideologies is hard?
Reply 10
Original post by 3mmz
really?
I heard Ideologies is hard?

They're both hard but personally I find the US harder because its so boring. I get 40/45 in ideologies but only on average 32/45 In 4C on the essay questions. Up to you I suppose. 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending