The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 640
cpj1987
Anyone can join. Including D-Day; get back 'ere you! <CJ>, tut tut...turning people away! :eek: Disappointed in you... :p:

Fab, I'll apply

Did you see WALL-E btw? I saw it t'other day and thought it was amazing, really cute
He know's i'm only joking :^_^:

Hmmm what am I doing? I've pretty much given up on a job now. I've had a number of applications sent off and only had one proper reply, but no luck. Stopped looking so I don't expect anything, but if I got a reply and the chance to get one of the jobs i'd certainly take it. But for the remaining week I think i'm going to whore myself about on Uni websites asking for Post-grad prospectus', oh won't the postman just LOVE me!
Then next week I might as well start some dissertation research, the early processes in an attempt to get some sort of structure going in my head and maybe a tiny bit of content. We'll see, but the sun's coming back so might end up putting it off a bit :teeth:

Hope everyone's having a good summer to date :biggrin:

EDIT: Ah yeah! How was Wall-E?
Reply 642
Freud
Fab, I'll apply

Did you see WALL-E btw? I saw it t'other day and thought it was amazing, really cute

Yeah, I did. Really enjoyed it; thought it was clever how much emotion was shown without any speech. On the other hand, though; I guess what kept niggling in my mind was exactly that; it just seemed that Pixar had made the whole film as a 'let's test the limits of our CGI and see how much detail and emotion we can put in', rather than the focus being on the narrative itself.
As far as cutesy, lovable characters go though, I want my very own Wall-E.
Reply 643
cpj1987
Yeah, I did. Really enjoyed it; thought it was clever how much emotion was shown without any speech. On the other hand, though; I guess what kept niggling in my mind was exactly that; it just seemed that Pixar had made the whole film as a 'let's test the limits of our CGI and see how much detail and emotion we can put in', rather than the focus being on the narrative itself.
As far as cutesy, lovable characters go though, I want my very own Wall-E.

I never thought a speachless robot could be so entertaining or endearing, I want to see it again :biggrin:
Reply 644
Just started up a new society. Hopefully I'll be making it official soon. It's Television and Film Production so some of you may want to register interest in joining?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=13680168#post13680168
Reply 645
Nice one CPJ =)

Ohhh i'm all excited, my laptop arrived yesterday :biggrin: (dell inspiron 1720) and a 1tb external HD. I'm quite glad as I can now get rid of my desktop, and have an operating system which is legit :p:
Reply 646
$loth
Nice one CPJ =)

Ohhh i'm all excited, my laptop arrived yesterday :biggrin: (dell inspiron 1720) and a 1tb external HD. I'm quite glad as I can now get rid of my desktop, and have an operating system which is legit :p:

I want to get a new laptop; mine's struggling a lot on the editing front. Won't get one until I graduate though.
Blackberry is the next thing on my list...getting one of those next month.

Latest

Trending

Trending