The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Help! My book doesn't state the rule for each set, it only states the answer. Can anyone tell me what the rule is for this question as I cannot see it for the life of me! Thanks. 😊
Original post by Laurajane89
Help! My book doesn't state the rule for each set, it only states the answer. Can anyone tell me what the rule is for this question as I cannot see it for the life of me! Thanks. 😊

In set A the sum of the sides of all the shapes in a box is equal to 13 whereas in set B the sum of the sides of all the shapes in a box is equal to 9. :tongue:
Original post by chemlover13
In set A the sum of the sides of all the shapes in a box is equal to 13 whereas in set B the sum of the sides of the shapes in a box is equal to 9. :smile:

Thank you! It's so simple when you see it...
In set A all sides add up to 13. In set B they add up to 9
Thank you! It's so simple when you see it...

Tell me about it, haha! Have you just started with your AR prep? If so, I'd recommend using the acronym SSSSPN (shape, size, shade, symmetry, position and number) to help you identify patterns. I only started my UKCAT preparation two weeks ago and at first found AR to be the most difficult section by a long shot however now, by using this acronym, it is easily my most enjoyable section!
Tell me about it, haha! Have you just started with your AR prep? If so, I'd recommend using the acronym SSSSPN (shape, size, shade, symmetry, position and number) to help you identify patterns. I only started my UKCAT preparation two weeks ago and at first found AR to be the most difficult section by a long shot however now, by using this acronym, it is easily my most enjoyable section!

Yes, it's my first day. 😊 I was using this acronym but I forgot to count the circles! 🙈 Thank you, I hope that I improve too.

What's the point in having an acronym when 4 of the 6 letters are identical?!
Original post by banker22
What's the point in having an acronym when 4 of the 6 letters are identical?!

I remember acronyms that are weird:

C olour
A ngles
T ype
S hape
P osition
E dges
N umber
I ntersections
S ymmetries

😂
(edited 6 years ago)
I remember acronyms that are weird:

C olour
A ngles
T ype
S hape
P osition
E dges
N umber
I ntersections
S ymmetries

😂

Now THAT is a good acronym. Although what's a spenis?
Original post by banker22
Now THAT is a good acronym. Although what's a spenis?

😂 Cats Penis!
😂 Cats Penis!

Yeah ... Got it...
Hi Jess. I've seen that you're applying for Warwick and you're a nurse too. 😊 What work experience are you using in your application? x

Hi :smile: I'm using 50 hours from nursing and when I was a Student nurse last year I used to go on ward rounds every day so using 20 hours from 3 hours a day for 6 weeks for shadowing doctors. It's so hard though like I can understand how many people may not have the work experience requirements. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xJessScott
Hi :smile: I'm using 50 hours from nursing and when I was a Student nurse last year I used to go on ward rounds every day so using 20 hours from 3 hours a day for 6 weeks for shadowing doctors. It's so hard though like I can understand how many people may not have the work experience requirements. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the reply! 😊

I am also using 50 hours for the hands on care as I've been qualified for 2 years but I am struggling with the 20 hours as I don't think that you can use any hours from placements on a degree? I have emailed them and asked if I can use my time as a student nurse or whether I can use 2 different wards as I have worked in the private sector and nhs. 🤔 It's difficult.
Just so you know this is from their website
'Acceptable experiences cannot normally be a part of your degree, Masters or PhD,'

Of course the answer is explained in the book. This from page 210 of the 1250 ISC UKCAT book:

isc.jpg
Original post by UKCATrocks
Of course the answer is explained in the book. This from page 210 of the 1250 ISC UKCAT book:

isc.jpg

My mistake. Thankyou. 😊
Original post by xJessScott

Posted from TSR Mobile

hi :smile: I'm applying for grad entry this year, currently studying Human Biology and on track for a first, I'm not taking the GAMSAT this year so relying heavily on UKCAT (no pressure haha) :/ I was wanting to apply to Warwick but really don't think I have the work experience required. I've been volunteering in a retirement village since 2014 but mainly do things like activities, play games with residents, serve food and drink and help out with pushing wheelchairs and mobility on days outs. I'm also volunteering at a children's hospice this summer which involves joining in with activity days for poorly children and offering emotional support to the child and their family. I'm also shadowing a surgeon for two days in August, which should hopefully count for nearly 20 hours. I realise this may be enough for other unis but Warwick seem very specific! Do you reckon it'd be best for me to leave Warwick out this year?
Original post by Dr squared
Just so you know this is from their website
'Acceptable experiences cannot normally be a part of your degree, Masters or PhD,'

Thank you. I am aware of this and I have contacted the university for clarification. 😊
Reply 598
What do you guys feel is the best time of the day to do the test? Judging from your performance in the mocks and actual test?
Has anyone sat the Ukcat before?

If so, do you have any advice or tips for the day of the test? 😊
(edited 6 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending