The Student Room Group

mock grades going on UCAS??

so on Wednesday, 2 days before my first mock exam, the teachers decided to tell us that the grades we get in our mocks are the only grades going on our UCAS applications, so there the grades colleges and sixth forms will see. many people have asked if they are combining them with our predicted grades and they said no. I've been revising really hard over the last month but i don't think i'll get the grades for the sixth form i want to go to, as on Friday it was the first maths mock and it was horrible, nothing that we had been told to revise was on there, and it was the first real paper of the new spec I've sat. any tips on how to not get really stressed about this, and what happens if my mock grades are really bad as i'm predicted mainly A's??
Original post by niamhgreen11
so on Wednesday, 2 days before my first mock exam, the teachers decided to tell us that the grades we get in our mocks are the only grades going on our UCAS applications, so there the grades colleges and sixth forms will see. many people have asked if they are combining them with our predicted grades and they said no. I've been revising really hard over the last month but i don't think i'll get the grades for the sixth form i want to go to, as on Friday it was the first maths mock and it was horrible, nothing that we had been told to revise was on there, and it was the first real paper of the new spec I've sat. any tips on how to not get really stressed about this, and what happens if my mock grades are really bad as i'm predicted mainly A's??

UCAS is for university, not college applications.
Original post by HopelessMedic
UCAS is for university, not college applications.

You can apply for colleges through UCAS, I never used it though.

Revise well and don't get stressed, it's only sixth form.
Original post by NotNotBatman

Revise well and don't get stressed, it's only sixth form.

No I'm pretty sure you apply to colleges individually not through ucas.
Original post by Mystery.
No I'm pretty sure you apply to colleges individually not through ucas.

I'm not familiar with it, because I never used it, but there is this thing called UCAS progress, which has 16-18 choices, which I assume is for sixth form.
Original post by NotNotBatman

Really? I never knew that, all of the colleges/6th forms i know you had to apply to directly.

Even so, I'm pretty sure UCAS don't have a section for mock grades:wink:
Reply 6
Some colleges use UCAS Progress for applications.

Your current school will need to provide grade predictions for your GCSEs. It sounds like your school will base their predictions on your mocks results. They don't explicitly say "this is what Bob got in his mocks" (unless they want to include that in the reference) but low mocks grades will lead to lower predictions.
Reply 7

Yes your mock grades might be used as a indicator for sixth form on UCAS. It's better to have good mock grades as they show what kind of level your on and wether if you meet their course requirements. If your mock grades go on there then it's better to have good mock grades than target grades.

Quick Reply

Latest