The Student Room Group

Is there time to revise until A-Level Mocks?

My year 13 mocks begin next week on the 11th.
I take Maths, Comp Sci and Physics, but I'm getting very anxious because I took too much time to relax during the Christmas holidays.
I get that it's still mocks, UCAS has been done already, and it's not the real thing but I'm scared that my teachers are going to be really disappointed if I don't get at least A's.
I feel most confident in maths but I'm planning to give 2 days of straight revision to each subject so it's spread evenly.
I saw somewhere that at this point I should just be doing as much exam questions as I can, hope for the best, and leave everything else because a week isn't enough time.
Does anyone have any tips on what I can do to get the best out of it, or am I screwed?
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by SeriouslyAtomic
My year 13 mocks begin next week on the 11th.
I take Maths, Comp Sci and Physics, but I'm getting very anxious because I took too much time to relax during the Christmas holidays.
I get that it's still mocks, UCAS has been done already, and it's not the real thing but I'm scared that my teachers are going to be really disappointed if I don't get at least A's.
I feel most confident in maths but I'm planning to give 2 days of straight revision to each subject so it's spread evenly.
I saw somewhere that at this point I should just be doing as much exam questions as I can, hope for the best, and leave everything else because a week isn't enough time.
Does anyone have any tips on what I can do to get the best out of it, or am I screwed?

For maths, I would work on past papers and examine your weakest areas (technically all the questions you got wrong, but I would focus on the areas you need to work on the most).

I have yet to do Physics, so I can't tell you what it's like. Comp Sci is something that I don't do.

Do note, your mock results can be used for making your predicted grades. If you happen to get rejected by all of the unis that you have applied to, I would reapply via UCAS after the summer i.e. after you get your actual results. There's less chance the unis would reject you with actual grades over your predicted grades, unless you have a horrible personal statement.

Quick Reply

Latest