The Student Room Group

Got U's for my A level predicted grades

So im currently in year 12 and basically decided to go crazy this year and not get any work done so i ended up getting U's for all 3 of my mocks, will this mean i wont get accepted by any uni's next year even if i get half decent grades in the actual exam?, and would it be better if i just re-do the first year (if there is an option to do so) ???
Reply 1
I would recommend you try UCAS Extra which is open between 23 February and 4 July 2024. For this you can use your January year 13 mock grades to apply to unis.
If you still don't get an offer then you can wait until results day when a thing called clearing opens up which you can use to apply to unis.

I recommend you search up UCAS Extra and clearing to get more information on how it works.

Don't bother retaking your first year unless you are confident in getting A*AA+ to apply for the top tier unis which don't have a high chance of appearing in UCAS Extra or clearing.

If you do bad in the actual exam and you want to go to a decent uni just retake the second year.
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest