The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I may be wrong, but I don't think that the maturity level would vary too much.
Reply 41
between 18 and says 30's

I think so :smile:
Reply 42
LeedsLad
between 18 and says 30's

I think so :smile:

lol I meant between 18 and 20 or 21
Reply 43
Ah I stand corrected ..... me shuffles back to me wheelchair and shuts up :smile:
Hmm, if I plan to take a gap year, then I'll be going to uni at 20.

But my mother is stating her dislike towards that idea, because I will be really old, as she puts it.
Reply 45
*HullaBaLoO*
Hmm, if I plan to take a gap year, then I'll be going to uni at 20.

But my mother is stating her dislike towards that idea, because I will be really old, as she puts it.

2o isn't old!
I think you should take the gap year; one in a lifetime experience!:biggrin:
You'll be one of the oldest probably, but not the oldest.

I went back and re-did some of my a-levels for another year, before then starting a stage 0 engineering course to gain acceptance, and then the following year started stage 1.

So if you like I am two years behind most of my peers (who are 4th year now starting this september if not already finished).

Although I'm 4th August (1986), so I was one of the youngest anyway (especially for my Northern Ireland year as the cut off point for the same year is here is at the end of june).

Now I'm a year ahead of you uni wise and I'm already 21, as I would have started stage 1/first year two months after turning 20.

Despite all that, I can guarentee you I am not the oldest, out of about 50 students I would say I am about 6th/7th oldest as all of us are born between 86 and 88 (oldest I think is about 4-5 months older than me). If your class size is anywhere as big as mine you'll definitely find people older than you.
i'm 20 in November so don't worry. It seems really quite old to me...
Reply 48
PMSL ... its soooo funny hearing you lot say your old ... chuckles and wheelies off in his wheelchair
Reply 49
LeedsLad
PMSL ... its soooo funny hearing you lot say your old ... chuckles and wheelies off in his wheelchair

Yeah, ROFL just been reading this myself, I'm starting at 35 also, and reading these "am I too old thread at 20-23 " makes me think I'm going to be viewed as some sort of old fogie..:eek:
I'll be 21 when I start at university (might have to move in to halls on my birthday, which will be annoying) and I can assure you that I did nothing constructive with the extra two years.
Reply 51
Zarogue
Yeah, ROFL just been reading this myself, I'm starting at 35 also, and reading these am "I too old thread at 20-23 " makes me think I'm going to be viewed as some sort of old fogie..:eek:

Oh we are mate . in fact we are nearly dead in Uni terms you know :biggrin:

Have they not sent you your walking stick yet?
im 20 and startin soon! doesnt matter, im sure noone will care! at all. :smile:

i dont.

xxx
Reply 53
Come on whos nicked me zimma .. bloody kids!
Reply 54
quite a lot of people are 20 when starting uni, at least according to this forum.
Reply 55
20 young pups
Reply 56
LeedsLad
20 young pups

hehe, how old are you?
Reply 57
A bus pass holder at 35 :smile:
Reply 58
LeedsLad
A bus pass holder at 35 :smile:

and the OP is upset about 20! lol:eek: