Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

dumbbells - do you you them? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    Thats nice, whats that got to do with how much muscle you have?
    well im just saying! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s43)
    well im just saying! :mad:
    Try increasing the weight? Thats whatll increase muscle size..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    Try increasing the weight? Thats whatll increase muscle size..
    Like i didnt know that! :mad: every couple of weeks i increase it by 5kg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s43)
    Like i didnt know that! :mad: every couple of weeks i increase it by 5kg
    Should increase them everytime you do them really

ReputationRep:
    "Do you you them?" :confused: :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleff)
    Do you do them maybe? Its surely not that hard to work out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Widowmaker)
    If you do, what weight for each do you tend to use? I use 5kg per dumbbell and do about 100 - 200 lifts a day. Hope to get stronger.
    What i know is that Low reps are better

You should look for a mass that makes you come to Faliure at the 3rd round

and remember your muscles grow while ur resting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleff)

Ya i didnt get the title right away

ReputationRep:
    Please reply.
    A lot of repetitions will make the greatest impact on your physical appearance. That's the technique used by most bodybuilders: not very heavy weights but tons and tons of repetitions. By doing so, you make your muscles look bigger but the drawback is that you're making all the fibres shorter which isn't very useful for doing sports afterwards.

But I assume you weren't talking about bench presses, you were talking about tractions with small dumbbells, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    A lot of repetitions will make the greatest impact on your physical appearance. That's the technique used by most bodybuilders: not very heavy weights but tons and tons of repetitions. By doing so, you make your muscles look bigger but the drawback is that you're making all the fibres shorter which isn't very useful for doing sports afterwards.

But I assume you weren't talking about bench presses, you were talking about tractions with small dumbbells, right?
    LOL sorry is this a joke?

Bodybuilders do low reps and a bloody heavy weights..

ReputationRep:
    If you do, what weight for each do you tend to use? I use 5kg per dumbbell and do about 100 - 200 lifts a day. Hope to get stronger.
    Three sets of 20 in each arm, with 11Kg, this is just warming up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)

I'd read a little more if I were you.

Bodybuilders have a high volume workout with lots of sets to hit the muscles in different ways. They go for a low-medium number of reps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Three sets of 20 in each arm, with 11Kg, this is just warming up.
    That seems to be overkill for a warm-up. You could do just one light set and/or stretching.

ReputationRep:
    This thread contains some of the most ridiculous posts I have ever read... please for the good of the forum, make sure you know what your talking about before posting, or at the very least have an artical to back up what ur saying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad_Monkey59)
    This thread contains some of the most ridiculous posts I have ever read...
    You're not wrong.

ReputationRep:
    This thread contains some of the most ridiculous posts I have ever read... please for the good of the forum, make sure you know what your talking about before posting, or at the very least have an artical to back up what ur saying.
    Yeh, tell me about it, this is what happens with every fitness related thread on UKL though Im afraid

ReputationRep:
    Yeah this is really good stuff man, 5kg dumbells 200 reps!!! classic...

Bodybuilders do really, really high reps cos thats how u get muscle... but it makes them shorter so you can't do sport... OMG are you serious!!!

Don't even get me started I'll be here all day... Jesus :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah this is really good stuff man, 5kg dumbells 200 reps!!! classic...

Bodybuilders do really, really high reps cos thats how u get muscle... but it makes them shorter so you can't do sport... OMG are you serious!!!

Don't even get me started I'll be here all day... Jesus :rolleyes:
    Its alright, I already had a little rip at sam for that comment

ReputationRep:
    Hey come on guys. we all made plenty of mistakes when we started! I did anyway; didnt read about it, and trained just my arms and chest every day. And I didnt have any kind of diet plan. Someone could have ripped me to pieces about that if they wanted to, but instead they helped me out. And bearing in mind this is mainly an academic site, I doubt many people come waltzing in here knowing a lot about bodybuilding beforehand.

Yeah the odd few( very few ) seem set in their ways, and wont take any advice, but still...lets not have any digs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spider)
    Hey come on guys. we all made plenty of mistakes when we started! I did anyway; didnt read about it, and trained just my arms and chest every day. And I didnt have any kind of diet plan. Someone could have ripped me to pieces about that if they wanted to, but instead they helped me out. And bearing in mind this is mainly an academic site, I doubt many people come waltzing in here knowing a lot about bodybuilding beforehand.

Yeah the odd few( very few ) seem set in their ways, and wont take any advice, but still...lets not have any digs.
    exactly , everyone has different workout plans , as long as your form is right while doing excercises and u make sure not to risk injury , it doesnt matter if u do lower reps or higher reps . Normally i do both , high reps to build endurande , low reps and heavier weights for strength

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.