The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
imasillynarb
Thats nice, whats that got to do with how much muscle you have?

well im just saying! :mad:
Reply 21
s43
well im just saying! :mad:

Try increasing the weight? Thats whatll increase muscle size..
Reply 22
imasillynarb
Try increasing the weight? Thats whatll increase muscle size..

Like i didnt know that! :mad: every couple of weeks i increase it by 5kg
Reply 23
s43
Like i didnt know that! :mad: every couple of weeks i increase it by 5kg

Should increase them everytime you do them really :tongue:
"Do you you them?" :confused: :rolleyes: :biggrin:
Reply 25
Fleff

Do you do them maybe? Its surely not that hard to work out?
Reply 26
Widowmaker
If you do, what weight for each do you tend to use? I use 5kg per dumbbell and do about 100 - 200 lifts a day. Hope to get stronger.

What i know is that Low reps are better :biggrin:

You should look for a mass that makes you come to Faliure at the 3rd round :biggrin:

and remember your muscles grow while ur resting :biggrin:
Reply 27
Fleff

:tongue: Ya i didnt get the title right away :frown:
Widowmaker
Please reply.

A lot of repetitions will make the greatest impact on your physical appearance. That's the technique used by most bodybuilders: not very heavy weights but tons and tons of repetitions. By doing so, you make your muscles look bigger but the drawback is that you're making all the fibres shorter which isn't very useful for doing sports afterwards.

But I assume you weren't talking about bench presses, you were talking about tractions with small dumbbells, right?
Reply 29
SamTheMan
A lot of repetitions will make the greatest impact on your physical appearance. That's the technique used by most bodybuilders: not very heavy weights but tons and tons of repetitions. By doing so, you make your muscles look bigger but the drawback is that you're making all the fibres shorter which isn't very useful for doing sports afterwards.

But I assume you weren't talking about bench presses, you were talking about tractions with small dumbbells, right?

LOL sorry is this a joke?

Bodybuilders do low reps and a bloody heavy weights..
Reply 30
Widowmaker
If you do, what weight for each do you tend to use? I use 5kg per dumbbell and do about 100 - 200 lifts a day. Hope to get stronger.

Three sets of 20 in each arm, with 11Kg, this is just warming up.
SamTheMan

I'd read a little more if I were you.

Bodybuilders have a high volume workout with lots of sets to hit the muscles in different ways. They go for a low-medium number of reps.
Bhaal85
Three sets of 20 in each arm, with 11Kg, this is just warming up.

That seems to be overkill for a warm-up. You could do just one light set and/or stretching.
This thread contains some of the most ridiculous posts I have ever read... please for the good of the forum, make sure you know what your talking about before posting, or at the very least have an artical to back up what ur saying.
Mad_Monkey59
This thread contains some of the most ridiculous posts I have ever read...

You're not wrong.
Reply 35
Mad_Monkey59
This thread contains some of the most ridiculous posts I have ever read... please for the good of the forum, make sure you know what your talking about before posting, or at the very least have an artical to back up what ur saying.

Yeh, tell me about it, this is what happens with every fitness related thread on UKL though Im afraid :frown:
Yeah this is really good stuff man, 5kg dumbells 200 reps!!! classic...

Bodybuilders do really, really high reps cos thats how u get muscle... but it makes them shorter so you can't do sport... OMG are you serious!!!

Don't even get me started I'll be here all day... Jesus :rolleyes:
Reply 37
Mad_Monkey59
Yeah this is really good stuff man, 5kg dumbells 200 reps!!! classic...

Bodybuilders do really, really high reps cos thats how u get muscle... but it makes them shorter so you can't do sport... OMG are you serious!!!

Don't even get me started I'll be here all day... Jesus :rolleyes:

Its alright, I already had a little rip at sam for that comment :tongue:
Reply 38
Hey come on guys. we all made plenty of mistakes when we started! I did anyway; didnt read about it, and trained just my arms and chest every day. And I didnt have any kind of diet plan. Someone could have ripped me to pieces about that if they wanted to, but instead they helped me out. And bearing in mind this is mainly an academic site, I doubt many people come waltzing in here knowing a lot about bodybuilding beforehand.

Yeah the odd few( very few ) seem set in their ways, and wont take any advice, but still...lets not have any digs.
Reply 39
Spider
Hey come on guys. we all made plenty of mistakes when we started! I did anyway; didnt read about it, and trained just my arms and chest every day. And I didnt have any kind of diet plan. Someone could have ripped me to pieces about that if they wanted to, but instead they helped me out. And bearing in mind this is mainly an academic site, I doubt many people come waltzing in here knowing a lot about bodybuilding beforehand.

Yeah the odd few( very few ) seem set in their ways, and wont take any advice, but still...lets not have any digs.

exactly , everyone has different workout plans , as long as your form is right while doing excercises and u make sure not to risk injury , it doesnt matter if u do lower reps or higher reps . Normally i do both , high reps to build endurande , low reps and heavier weights for strength

Latest

Trending

Trending