The Student Room Group

how long will it take?

im a fat 95kg man at 6ft. havent been to the gym in years and lost all muscle i had. im skinny fat. want to get back into the gym. i have a goal of being able to benchpress 100kg, squat 100kg and have thick ass lats. how long will it take to do this?

i need to lose around 10kg of weight first, then build up (even though the plan is to lift as heavy as i can even whilst cutting)
Anything between 3 months and a year
Reply 2
Original post by Angry cucumber
Anything between 3 months and a year

serious? thats really good
and pls be honest, im actually gonna set this as a deadline wiith myself and this is my new line of expectation, so if youre estimating pls tell me
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by anon12349323
serious? thats really good
and pls be honest, im actually gonna set this as a deadline wiith myself and this is my new line of expectation, so if youre estimating pls tell me

Most people get a 2 plate bench in a year. Squat much less. Depends on your previous experience, your diet, genetics, drive, programme etc etc etc
Reply 4
Original post by Angry cucumber
Most people get a 2 plate bench in a year. Squat much less. Depends on your previous experience, your diet, genetics, drive, programme etc etc etc

2 plate bench would be perfect
squat isnt that bad, tbf i dont think i have the mobility for a squat. my ankles have poor mobility and my knees/hips are quite weak. would you advice me to do isolated stuff to strenght my leg & do isloated stuff to fix my ankles/hips/knees before i embark on squats?

and fair play
Original post by anon12349323
2 plate bench would be perfect
squat isnt that bad, tbf i dont think i have the mobility for a squat. my ankles have poor mobility and my knees/hips are quite weak. would you advice me to do isolated stuff to strenght my leg & do isloated stuff to fix my ankles/hips/knees before i embark on squats?

and fair play

Start with goblet squats, once you can goblet squat to good depth and form a 25kg dumbbell for 3 x 12. Then start back squatting

Quick Reply

Latest