The Student Room Group

EPQ help!!!!

I decided to base my EPQ question on eugenics and my question is "is the use of eugenics ethical?" (I know its not a good title...) However, I have no idea on how to structure it!! There are so much within Eugenics!! I need to have 5 sub titles, so far I have NOTHING. Please help
Hello!
In one of our first EPQ lessons, we looked at titles and picked them apart. My project is on whether or not there is a difference in how babies acquire sign language compared to spoken language, so it's a bit different from eugenics but I'll do my best!
The first thing we found was that the question shouldn't be leading. For my topic, "What are the differences in language acquisition of sign language compared to verbal language?" is leading because it implies that there are differences. Your current question isn't leading, so that's okay!
It's also best if you don't pick a topic that you're emotionally invested in (if that makes any sense?) as making your topic entirely based on one viewpoint (i.e. yours) isn't a great idea because it leads to bias. Again, I don't think there's anything like that to worry about with your topic!
One more thing, have you thought about throwing in some factors to narrow down your question a bit more? Like location or time period? For mine, I put in an age range so that I'm only looking at language acquisition in children aged 0-2 years.
Seeing as eugenics is about controlled breeding to increase desirable characteristics, you could think about whether it's ethical to use it to eradicate particularly nasty genes? Another thing to consider is whether you're looking at the ethical issues around eugenics involving people, or with animals.
I'm sorry that this was pretty general advice, and was very long, but I hope it's some help!
Good luck, your project sounds really interesting!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending