The Student Room Group

EPQ at home

Hiya,

Does anyone know if I can do an EPQ externally or at home? Can it also be done in one year instead of two?
Im not sure whether you can do EPQ completley by yourself, and I mean that in the way that you have to have a certain amount of teaching hours to do the course. I did my EPQ in one year at school and it honestly wasn't too bad but the teaching part was pretty irrelevant. What I'm trying to say amongst all the waffle is that EPQ content is easy and the tasks which you must do are easy to do yourself however it is helpful to have a mentor/tutor who can guide you and help you brainstorm a topic that will enable you to get the most marks. Also helps to have someone on your back to help you keep up with the deadline.
Original post by gin_n_tonic
Im not sure whether you can do EPQ completley by yourself, and I mean that in the way that you have to have a certain amount of teaching hours to do the course. I did my EPQ in one year at school and it honestly wasn't too bad but the teaching part was pretty irrelevant. What I'm trying to say amongst all the waffle is that EPQ content is easy and the tasks which you must do are easy to do yourself however it is helpful to have a mentor/tutor who can guide you and help you brainstorm a topic that will enable you to get the most marks. Also helps to have someone on your back to help you keep up with the deadline.
That's great thanks. Is the mentor actually useful? Might get an external tutor as I'll do it during my gap year but was does the mentor actually do?
Original post by Peanut_Butter
That's great thanks. Is the mentor actually useful? Might get an external tutor as I'll do it during my gap year but was does the mentor actually do?
Dont need a mentor necessarily, mine just helped me determine how well she could predict my EPQ was going to do etc. Pretty sure everyone has to do a presentation as well which is where the mentor comes into it.
Original post by gin_n_tonic
Dont need a mentor necessarily, mine just helped me determine how well she could predict my EPQ was going to do etc. Pretty sure everyone has to do a presentation as well which is where the mentor comes into it.
Great, thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending