The Student Room Group

Do School Leavers Programme offer the opportunity to travel?

I'm studying a level at the moment and I want to do a school leavers programme in Assurance with one of the Big4 (hopefully!) when I leave. I don't want to go to Uni as I don't see myself spending another 3 years learning as I'm more of a practical learner who learns by actually doing the work. Also, for the longest time I've been wanting to travel - that's my main goal in life, which is another reason I don't want to go Uni (debt). I have never wanted anything more than to travel. However, I want to travel young before I get older and settle so I was just wondering has anyone done a school leavers programme or anyone know if they offer the opportunity to travel and give you time off? Thanks in advance!
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Just quoting in Danny Dorito so she can move the thread if needed :wizard:

Spoiler

Original post by rdlewiss
I'm studying a level at the moment and I want to do a school leavers programme in Assurance with one of the Big4 (hopefully!) when I leave. I don't want to go to Uni as I don't see myself spending another 3 years learning as I'm more of a practical learner who learns by actually doing the work. Also, for the longest time I've been wanting to travel - that's my main goal in life, which is another reason I don't want to go Uni (debt). I have never wanted anything more than to travel. However, I want to travel young before I get older and settle so I was just wondering has anyone done a school leavers programme or anyone know if they offer the opportunity to travel and give you time off? Thanks in advance!

You will still have to take the 15 accountancy exams, they're pretty difficult and many graduates still fail- You'll spend around 4 years on them.

After you qualify you'll be able to go on secondments all around the world depending on what firm your at.

Quick Reply

Latest