well, first page!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
@carpenoctem FIGHT ME HOW DARE YOU TAKE THE LAST POST

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by tchaikovskyed
@carpenoctem FIGHT ME HOW DARE YOU TAKE THE LAST POST

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've sworn vengeance for us all on the other thread ...

Edit: he screenshotted his victory and posted it there. POSTED IT.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by fablereader
I've sworn vengeance for us all on the other thread ...

Good. *cracks knuckles menacingly*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo second thread! :biggrin: :danceboy: :rave: :woo: :party: :woo: :rave: :danceboy:

EDIT: And I'm on the first page! What an honour! :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by Barbastelle
Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo second thread! :biggrin: :danceboy: :rave: :woo: :party: :woo: :rave: :danceboy:

EDIT: And I'm on the first page! What an honour! :biggrin:

@Palette @christy98 @wolfmoon88 Care to join us here, even if it's just a brief comment?
Reply 7
Now, @tchaikovskyed, I believe you requested something for the previous thread ... this is the best I can come up with:

And now, we say farewell to thee,
But new horizons rise with the dawn.
We bid thee farewell, farewell,
as new light shines upon us all.
Reply 8
ddd
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by joebobby
I am an international student who was rejected by a Oxford (post interview) :s-smilie: but accepted by KCL/Durham/UCL.

1. Is it possible to reapply next year, while studying at another Uni (no gap year)?

2. Do U.K. schools have transfers or do you apply to start the whole degree again?

3. Is there anything different in reapplying as a uni student (like a higher standard)?

Numero uno: https://uni-of-oxford.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/547/related/1/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDg0MjM1MTE5L3NpZC91alRzeXY4bg%3D%3D (Yes)

Numero dos: https://uni-of-oxford.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/562/~/can-i-apply-to-transfer-onto-a-course-at-oxford-if-i-am-studying-a-related (Start again)

Numero tres: Not sure, but from the page in numero uno, it sounds like your study at the other uni would be considered.

Thank you for your help!
Thank you for your help!

No problemo!
Original post by carpenoctem
Alas, tis I. I am finally here.

Spoiler

Ah, beaten by the gender!

Now, I must ask y'all to be relatively civil. Screaming is allowed, but no name calling unless it's in the backyard.

Now that your question is answered, I suppose the real question is: would it be worth starting your undergraduate studies again and effectively lose 6 months of education and adding on a new year? Why not use that extra year you keep by not reapplying to apply for an MSt/MSc/MPhil at Oxford in your third year of study? Particularly if your university is in the top 10? But then, that's something only you can decide whilst considering the finances of it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by auburnstar
Now that your question is answered, I suppose the real question is: would it be worth starting your undergraduate studies again and effectively lose 6 months of education and adding on a new year? Why not use that extra year to apply for an MSt/MSc/MPhil at Oxford later on? Particularly if your university is in the top 10? That's something only you can decide whilst considering the finances of it.

ddd
(edited 6 years ago)
I think you bring up a very good point, but I think Oxford is at least worth a second shot.
I am from the US where degrees are already four years, so the 'lost' year isn't very lost. Also as great as the three schools are, none are very known by Americans.

Do you know if they want a reference from your HS teacher or a uni professor? It seems impossible for a professor to write a recommendation after only one or two months of knowing you...

I have to say, when I was living in the US, all I knew about here in the UK were Oxford and Cambridge.
I think you bring up a very good point, but I think Oxford is at least worth a second shot.
I am from the US where degrees are already four years, so the 'lost' year isn't very lost. Also as great as the three schools are, none are very known by Americans.

Do you know if they want a reference from your HS teacher or a uni professor? It seems impossible for a professor to write a recommendation after only one or two months of knowing you...

Fair. Just something to consider I suppose as some people re-apply for the heck of it and to be fair there's nothing to lose save 24 pounds for UCAS, some dignity and the expense of a Skype call/train journey.
The 'known-ness' of a uni shouldn't matter so much unless you're going to be immediately applying for top end jobs afterwards in the US. But yes, I get the concern.

They want a reference from a professor and a statement of 'release'. I would say however it's probably more advantageous to get a reference from high school teacher (who would know you far better) and submit the UCAS app as normal without much if any reference to undergrad.
Reply 17
Guys, does anyone know if we can ask for feedback yet?? Just want to know why I was rejected
Original post by AfcFob
Guys, does anyone know if we can ask for feedback yet?? Just want to know why I was rejected

I think you should be able to. Are there any links in your email? I had some myself.
Original post by carpenoctem
You Oxford folks are alright :smile:

Alright? I think we're darn awesome!

Quick Reply

Latest