Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    So I got an offer for psychology (AAA) at Birmingham

    I haven't yet been able to see the university, but I just wanted to know if there are pianos at the university that are open for anyone to play on them and not just music students? Because I have been to universities that prioritise music students and deny access to the practice rooms to non music students. I am grade 8 on the piano so it is very important for me to be able to carry on playing throughout my time at university. 😅😊

    Also, are there many drama societies and technical theatre groups? I work a lot on stage crews at the moment and I would like to be able to carry on through university 😊

    I just wanted to know before I go on an applicant day because I don't want to travel all the way to birmgham and find out the university doesn't cater to my neeed😊

    Thank you

    Congrats on your offer! I believe there are pianos in the chaplaincy, and you can book out a room to practice on the piano. As far as I know anyone can book out a room, and you don't have to be religion to use the chaplaincy. There are loads of drama and theatre based societies, and I'm always seeing productions advertised on Facebook, so there seems to be a lot you could get involved in. Let me know if you have any other questions about Birmingham
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.