The Student Room Group

Gloucestershire or Portsmouth?

Iv been accepted to both Portsmouth and Gloucestershire to study film production, but I'm really unsure on what uni is best for me. Is Gloucestershire to small of a uni? Would that Chang my experience. Is Portsmouth a good place to study film production. And is night life in either good or bad?.
Reply 1
Original post by Jasmine1996
Iv been accepted to both Portsmouth and Gloucestershire to study film production, but I'm really unsure on what uni is best for me. Is Gloucestershire to small of a uni? Would that Chang my experience. Is Portsmouth a good place to study film production. And is night life in either good or bad?.

Hi Jasmine,

I went to The University of Gloucestershire and a lot of my friends did Film Production and have had some much work in the industry from it. The course here is amazing and is ranked very highly in the country, probably because of it's industry contacts, and high quality equipment and facilities. As far as the size of the Uni is concerned this was a worry for me to when I was choosing my options, however this turned out to be a great thing! Because they cap their class sizes it means you get more opportunities for work experience, because you have less people to compete against. The academics get to know what your style of film making is and can really help you progress, which will also help you establish a much better rapport.

There is so much going on in Cheltenham and Gloucester outside of your course as well. There are practically festivals here every other week, so there are lots of events going on and therefore opportunities to go celebrity spotting or to get a part time job. The nightlife here was surprisingly amazing! I thought it would be all tea rooms, but actually there are over 100 pubs, bars or clubs here and there is music that caters for all different scenes, so it really is a student town.

Let me know if you want anymore information on the town or course.

Thanks,
Jack

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending