The Student Room Group

Finance for new degree

Hi, I'm hoping I can explain this without it getting confusing!

In 2020 I did a certHE course at uni, it was a standalone course, not part of a degree. I used student finance to pay tuition fees and maintenance costs.

In 2021 I began an undergraduate degree, but dropped out in the first year as ex husband was invilved in an accident and so was unable to care for our children while I studied and so I couldn't attend placements etc.

I have sorted my life out and my ex is now able to have the kids when needed. I have been offered a place for a new degree in September.

I'm aware that the usual rule is the length of your degree, plus 1 year, minus the number of years studied, however I'm unsure wether the certHE course will be counted as it was not part of a degree course, although it was studied at uni.

Can anyone shed any light on this? I will apply anyway, but I don't want to get over excited about going to uni in September if SFE won't cover my first year.

Edit: I should probably have mentioned I will be starting diagnostic radiography in September

Hope that makes sense!!

Thanks
(edited 1 month ago)
Hi Slowroastedcat,

Radiography is considered to be an Allied Health Professional course, therefore depending on the course, you may actually be eligible regardless of your previous study. Can you confirm the full course name and university so that I can check this for you?

Thanks, Clare
Thank you so much for the reply!

It's diagnostic imaging Bsc hons and university of Gloucestershire,

Thanks!
Hi Slowroastedcat,

I found a course called 'Diagnostic Radiography' at the University of Gloucestershire, if that is the correct course it is considered as an Allied Health course which means you would be eligible for full support.

Thanks, Clare
Yes that's the one! Thank you so much for your help :h:
Original post by Slowroastedcat
Yes that's the one! Thank you so much for your help :h:
You're welcome. Have a good day. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending