Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Name:  IMG_1111.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  498.9 KBHi, I am struggling with a homogeneous reactors question and would much appreciate any help! the question I have attached as a image and all of the other information I have been give for the question i have also attached. I have the values for Xmax from a previous question and i have values for K1 at different temperatures. The reactor can be modelled as PFR and so i performed a mole balance over a small element dV to get the volume of the PFR as can be seen in the image. I also calculated molar ratios of all reactants and products and multiplied by P to get partial pressures. I then subbed these in to get the integration as shown. I am using excel and so used trapezium rule to solve the integration however the graphs i get for temperature vs. volume does not seem right and the values for volume seem much too low. Any ideas what i might have done wrong? I've also attached the graph i got for volume against temperature.
    Attached Images

• Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Firefox23)
    Attachment 615132615134Attachment 615132615134615200Attachment 615132Hi, I am struggling with a homogeneous reactors question and would much appreciate any help! the question I have attached as a image and all of the other information I have been give for the question i have also attached. I have the values for Xmax from a previous question and i have values for K1 at different temperatures. The reactor can be modelled as PFR and so i performed a mole balance over a small element dV to get the volume of the PFR as can be seen in the image. I also calculated molar ratios of all reactants and products and multiplied by P to get partial pressures. I then subbed these in to get the integration as shown. I am using excel and so used trapezium rule to solve the integration however the graphs i get for temperature vs. volume does not seem right and the values for volume seem much too low. Any ideas what i might have done wrong? I've also attached the graph i got for volume against temperature.
    First 2 attachments aren't found, and the 3rd could do with being rotated...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    First 2 attachments aren't found, and the 3rd could do with being rotated...
    Sorry, I've fixed the missing attachments now

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 29, 2017
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.