The Student Room Group

AS chemistry and bio

Pls help, i got 5 days to cram up till paper 2

I have definitely noticed a difference between chemistry paper 1 and paper 2 in how they ask questions
and
topics that are more common on each paper

-Does anyone have a summaried list of topics more likely to come on paper 2?
Or anything like it ?

-Some tips to even just pass the exam in 5 days would would be amazing too!!!

Got bio and s1 to prep for too :,)
Pls help, I'm desperate

(I understand most concepts but cant remember it)
Have you check the specifications? It is, by definition, the list of things that will come up.

Go headings to headings (bullet point to bullet points?) And list out the things in the books correspond to that. For example if they said:

Students should be able to: calculate a value for Kc from the equilibrium concentrations for a homogeneous system at constant temperature

You should find the equations (and better an example) to help you do that, and how to use it. If you're good at maths, try to write down all the maths formula you've learnt in Chemistry, and practice a few problems to make sure you know which equations usually go together.
Writing down the correct math equations and chemical equation already give you points even if you don't know how to use them.

Try to explain out loud concepts you're struggling to remember - or try teaching your parents. Surface level understanding makes people mistakenly think they have the knowledge and they will quickly forget. Once you truly get the concept you won't forget easily.

Random stuffs like color of salt and flame etc... well, that you need to brute force. Unless you are very confident of your memory, I don't think it should be a priority. People can't memorise stuff under stress and such short time. Your best bet is in understanding stuff.

Quick Reply

Latest