The Student Room Group

Official 2017 GCSE Exam Predictions

Hi everyone:absinth:
I have made this thread as a way for us all to put our heads together and to predict what is likely to come up in our exams in 2017.

Feel free to chat to me privately about anything so we can brainstorm ideas.

I am currently taking:

Biology (AQA)
Chemistry (AQA)
Physics (AQA)
Business Studies (OCR)
English Lit and Lang (Edexcel)
French (OCR)
Drama (Edexcel)
History B (AQA)
Religious Education (AQA)
Maths (Edexcel)

Please share what you are taking to introduce yourself.

Good Luck Everyone For Your Exams
:banana2::banana2::banana2:

Scroll to see replies

Are you maths IGCSE or GCSE for Edexcel?
And are your sciences AQA GCSE or AQA IGCSE?
Those are the only subjects I do the same boards as you in but as IGCSE, not GCSE lol
Original post by koala789
Are you maths IGCSE or GCSE for Edexcel?
And are your sciences AQA GCSE or AQA IGCSE?
Those are the only subjects I do the same boards as you in but as IGCSE, not GCSE lol

I am doing the GCSE course not IGCSE but I know that it is a lot harder. How are you revising?
I'm doing

Maths higher edexcel
english lit aqa
english lang aqa
triple biology edexcel
triple physics edexcel
triple chemistry edexcel
Philosophy and ethics ocr
spanish higher ocr
applied business ocr
sociology aqa
history B edexcel
art and design wjec

any predictions ?? :smile:

My english teacher has predicted "London" as the poem to come up for english literature
I am doing:
Maths Edexcel IGCSE
CIE English lit&lang
GCSE OCR 21st Century A Biology, Chemistry, Physics higher tier
RS AQA
History edexcel IGCSE
and drama and mandarin but those ones are not relevant.
Original post by nish2910
I am doing:
Maths Edexcel IGCSE
CIE English lit&lang
GCSE OCR 21st Century A Biology, Chemistry, Physics higher tier
RS AQA
History edexcel IGCSE
and drama and mandarin but those ones are not relevant.

What topics are you doing for RS?
Original post by iamthestudent
What topics are you doing for RS?

Mark's Gospel and Christian ethics - you?
Mark's Gospel and Christian ethics - you?

Same!! lol

How are you revising for Mark's Gospel. I find it hard to learn all the texts and quotes.
Same!! lol

How are you revising for Mark's Gospel. I find it hard to learn all the texts and quotes.

err im the type of person to just revise quotes probs a few days before, spurt them out onto paper and forget them as soon as exam is over, so i cant rly give you advice on that. however i find doing past papers as notes rly help. the text books have rly unnecessary info you dont need to know. but if you do Qs as notes they take ages i STILL haven't finished MG notes or even started ethics. how are you revising for it?
Hi everyone:absinth:
I have made this thread as a way for us all to put our heads together and to predict what is likely to come up in our exams in 2017.

Feel free to chat to me privately about anything so we can brainstorm ideas.

I am currently taking:

Biology (AQA)
Chemistry (AQA)
Physics (AQA)
Business Studies (OCR)
English Lit and Lang (Edexcel)
French (OCR)
Drama (Edexcel)
History B (AQA)
Religious Education (AQA)
Maths (Edexcel)

Please share what you are taking to introduce yourself.

Good Luck Everyone For Your Exams
:banana2::banana2::banana2:

I'm taking math this year
physics ,chem , bio , PE , economics , french , english and english lit and ad math next year
Reply 10
I am studying:

Biology(OCR)
Chemistry(OCR)
Physics(OCR)
Maths(edexcell)
English Language(AQA)
English Literature(AQA) (studied power and conflict poems, Romeo and Juliet, Jane Eyre, Inspector Calls)
History(AQA)
Hospitality and Catering(WJEC)
Citizenship
IT
Original post by woody16
I am studying:

Biology(OCR)
Chemistry(OCR)
Physics(OCR)
Maths(edexcell)
English Language(AQA)
English Literature(AQA) (studied power and conflict poems, Romeo and Juliet, Jane Eyre, Inspector Calls)
History(AQA)
Hospitality and Catering(WJEC)
Citizenship
IT

For the sciences do you do higher tier? It's the last year for this spec so idk what questions they'll throw at us! And do you do maths edexcel IGCSE or GCSE because I do IGCSE
Reply 12
For the sciences do you do higher tier? It's the last year for this spec so idk what questions they'll throw at us! And do you do maths edexcel IGCSE or GCSE because I do IGCSE

Ye, i'm doing separate sciences and higher tier as I'm doing triple science. I've been looking at a lot of past papers familiarizing with what topics tend to come up frequently and how they ask certain questions. I think i'm doing IGCSE for maths, if its the 1-9 grading system, then yes i am!
Reply 13
Original post by jademillward_xo
I'm doing

Maths higher edexcel
english lit aqa
english lang aqa
triple biology edexcel
triple physics edexcel
triple chemistry edexcel
Philosophy and ethics ocr
spanish higher ocr
applied business ocr
sociology aqa
history B edexcel
art and design wjec

any predictions ?? :smile:

My english teacher has predicted "London" as the poem to come up for english literature

I am doing WJEC Art and Design too! Do you find it to be a lot of work?
Reply 14
I am doing:

Additional Science WJEC
Mathematics WJEC
English Language WJEC
English Literature WJEC
Welsh WJEC
Health and Social Care WJEC
Art and Design WJEC
Religious Studies (Unit 2 and 8) Edexcel

Anyone else doing mostly WJEC? It doesn't seem to be very popular on here :/
Original post by woody16
Ye, i'm doing separate sciences and higher tier as I'm doing triple science. I've been looking at a lot of past papers familiarizing with what topics tend to come up frequently and how they ask certain questions. I think i'm doing IGCSE for maths, if its the 1-9 grading system, then yes i am!

i'm really worried about sciences purely because it's the last year of this spec so i have no idea what they'll throw at us -- really hoping they'll recycle questions. you might be doing iGCSE but I'm still doing the A* system so you're doing the new system. same goes for maths - heard they'll be giving us all the reject hard questions ahh. has anyone started revising yet? I'm just writing notes for sciences and RS
Reply 16
i'm really worried about sciences purely because it's the last year of this spec so i have no idea what they'll throw at us -- really hoping they'll recycle questions. you might be doing iGCSE but I'm still doing the A* system so you're doing the new system. same goes for maths - heard they'll be giving us all the reject hard questions ahh. has anyone started revising yet? I'm just writing notes for sciences and RS

Well i'm currently doing mocks so i started revising a few weeks ago, maths was kind of easy, however I forgot how to do a few easier topics as I was focusing my revision on harder topics! I'm assuming OCR will test us on topics that weren't on the papers last year, however they may look further back and ask certain questions in a new way i guess!
Reply 17
Can you help me out with AQA Sociology?
err im the type of person to just revise quotes probs a few days before, spurt them out onto paper and forget them as soon as exam is over, so i cant rly give you advice on that. however i find doing past papers as notes rly help. the text books have rly unnecessary info you dont need to know. but if you do Qs as notes they take ages i STILL haven't finished MG notes or even started ethics. how are you revising for it?

For me I just try to highlight and memorise quotes and passages but I struggle to answer the 6 marks. Typically I get a 5/6 or 4/6 but I dont know how to gain those extra marks.
For me I just try to highlight and memorise quotes and passages but I struggle to answer the 6 marks. Typically I get a 5/6 or 4/6 but I dont know how to gain those extra marks.

Honestly just memorise 6 markers that's what I do and usually get 6. 3 points for and against, unless it's a question like nuclear war is wrong - you may have more points for agree than disagree. Same types of questions will come up, so just keep memorising. I'm writing notes for Ethics hoping to start revising in Easter. Sorry I can't give more advice! My mocks for ethics had quotes from Anglican Church and priests and stuff, which also gets marks apart from biblical quotes so maybe try that if it's easier to remember as those quotes are like convo quotes. Good luck! Xx

Quick Reply

Latest