The Student Room Group

Lying about GCSE predicted grades for sixth form applications

For my mock GCSEs in November I done surprisingly well in some areas, (grade 8 in English Lan.), and kind of rubbish in others (grade 4 in CS). My predicted grades do not go below a 4 (and my teachers say the lower grades are due to bad handwriting and that I need to do more exams on a laptop.) That being said, should I just fib about some of these grades?
Original post by yearsinthejoint
For my mock GCSEs in November I done surprisingly well in some areas, (grade 8 in English Lan.), and kind of rubbish in others (grade 4 in CS). My predicted grades do not go below a 4 (and my teachers say the lower grades are due to bad handwriting and that I need to do more exams on a laptop.) That being said, should I just fib about some of these grades?

Probably not a good idea. The sixth forms you apply to may ask the school you are currently at about your current and predicted attainment. Supposing they do, it won’t look good for you.
Reply 2
no, cause they can find ur official documents
Reply 3
Original post by yearsinthejoint

Hi, don’t lie especially to a strict sixth form cas they’ll end up asking your year manager for proof. Maybe ask your teacher if you can retake the exam because getting into that 6 form is important to u and get ur parents involved cas norm gets secondary teachers to actually do somn abt it. Js make a big fuss abt how it impacts your future

Quick Reply

Latest