The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham College Allocation Thread - 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pen ruler
Allocated to Josephine Butler for History, not particularly happy ngl but going to check it out on the post offer day.

:biggrin: Me too!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
I have been reallocated to Trevelyan College for Law (applied to Collingewood). I am a little apprehensive because I really didn't want to share a room and formals every two weeks :'(
Original post by mynameistara
I definitely don't think that you going to college would ruin anybody else's college life. Have you visited the colleges? It's probably the best way to know whether or not college life is for you. From what I've seen, each college varies so much, and there might well be one that you'd love. I think college is a great opportunity for gaining confidence.

Thank you for the reply, Tara. I have not visited the colleges. Maybe meeting with some other students would be helpful, or perhaps getting to know some others before starting. May I ask what you study and which college you are part of? Also, is accommodation for your first year only?
Hi, i've been allocated to Van Mildert College when i applied to Castle.. can someone tell me the positives and negatives of living at Van Mildert and life at the uni in general? Do people from the colleges mix often and how is catered food/ sharing a bathroom?

Thank you :smile:
Does anyone know if St Cuthbert's has a college family thing like some of the other colleges where you get parents and marry people etc?
Reply 285
I've been reallocated to St Cuth's for Law and I originally applied for St John's. I haven't received an email from the college yet but I found out by booking the post-offer open day. Not sure how I feel about St Cuth's but I am quite disappointed because I really wanted St John's :frown:
Original post by mrm_98
I've been reallocated to St Cuth's for Law and I originally applied for St John's. I haven't received an email from the college yet but I found out by booking the post-offer open day. Not sure how I feel about St Cuth's but I am quite disappointed because I really wanted St John's :frown:

Sorry that you didn't get the one you wanted 🙁 But hopefully this will cheer you up a little! ☺️
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/thetab.com/uk/durham/2016/03/12/pre-fresh-guide-durham-colleges-27434/amp?client=safari
Original post by Tortoises172
Does anyone know if St Cuthbert's has a college family thing like some of the other colleges where you get parents and marry people etc?

Eh? Marriage!? This is all a bit fast!
Just booked my place on the residential for Tues/Weds! I was just going to do a day trip to avoid missing college, but my mother and all of you lovely TSRians booking your places persuaded me to go for it :smile:
Original post by CeylonDiva
Eh? Marriage!? This is all a bit fast!

😂 you know what I mean
Reply 290
Original post by Sinisterist
Sorry that you didn't get the one you wanted 🙁 But hopefully this will cheer you up a little! ☺️
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/thetab.com/uk/durham/2016/03/12/pre-fresh-guide-durham-colleges-27434/amp?client=safari

Ayy! Thank you😊
Original post by Tortoises172

^^^Want to know the same about St. John's...
Original post by thesarcasticone
^^^Want to know the same about St. John's...

I've been allocated John's and although I'm (technically) a Christian(been baptised etc) I dont practice it and preferred the college because it was so pretty and I loved the atmosphere not for the religious side! And yes Im pretty sure they do the college family thing at John's. Hope to be there in October ☺️
Reply 293
Original post by pinksherbert
I've been allocated John's and although I'm (technically) a Christian(been baptised etc) I dont practice it and preferred the college because it was so pretty and I loved the atmosphere not for the religious side! And yes Im pretty sure they do the college family thing at John's. Hope to be there in October ☺️

Another Johnian!!

Thanks! Actually, now that I remember it, when I was initially looking at colleges to put one down as preference, I jotted down St John's along with st Chad's, on the basis of location and how beautiful it was, so I guess it's all good, getting allocated to one out of the two 😁 what did you apply for?
Original post by thesarcasticone
Thanks! Actually, now that I remember it, when I was initially looking at colleges to put one down as preference, I jotted down St John's along with st Chad's, on the basis of location and how beautiful it was, so I guess it's all good, getting allocated to one out of the two 😁 what did you apply for?
yeah like we're super lucky to be on the bailey too anyways! I applied for Chemistry, what about you?
yeah like we're super lucky to be on the bailey too anyways! I applied for Chemistry, what about you?

English literature xx
HI, Just wondering where those allocated to the castle, actually live?
Original post by Chef289
HI, Just wondering where those allocated to the castle, actually live?

Ooh did you get allocated to castle too? 🙃 Attached below are some links regarding accomodation in castle! Hope it helps! 😊

https://www.dur.ac.uk/university.college/undergraduate/accommodation/
http://www.castlejcr.com/rooms/
Original post by Sinisterist
Ooh did you get allocated to castle too? 🙃 Attached below are some links regarding accomodation in castle! Hope it helps! 😊

https://www.dur.ac.uk/university.college/undergraduate/accommodation/
http://www.castlejcr.com/rooms/

Yup, Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest