The Student Room Group

OUTRAGE as NAZI ANTHEM sung at TENNIS TOURNAMENT

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mathemagicien
Right-wing?

I take offense at that.

One doesn't have to be right-wing to be patriotic and anti-Islam. And it is that belief which is a big reason why the far-right are winning.

The far right is winning because you are helping them smear left wing /centrist folks.

The support for patriotism and anti-islam is what the far right say they do.

This is not to say I think people should stick rigidly to conventional ideas of what makes someone right or left politically. I'm a mostly left-winger with a few right wing tendences myself.
I'm pretty sure the OP was just fooling around but it seems to have caused a ****ing meltdown in a few people. :biggrin:

Also pretty sure he's a Commie not far-right based on previous posts.
Right-wing?

I take offense at that.

One doesn't have to be right-wing to be patriotic and anti-Islam. And it is that belief which is a big reason why the far-right are winning.
I take offence at your use of Americanisms.:naughty:
Original post by JamesN88
Also pretty sure he's a Commie not far-right based on previous posts.
Same thing in my book. Political spectrum is nonsense. Political circle is more accurate.:wink:

Just shows that the Germans are STILL NAZIS! Proof that the EU is the FOURTH REICH! Merkel = Hitler!

Why? They are the ones who have been offended. They werent the ones who made the mistake.
Sieg Heil.
I expect it was about as accidental as the time the Kazakstan anthem played was the Borat 'version'.

No fault of the US players though. The match should not have continued and should be replayed. It is another reason why the practice of someone leading the singing should end.
Good point.

Fascists have always liked their music; and tbh they have always been rather good at it. Probably to make up for their stupid arguments.

Have you seen Cabaret? It has a scene that I think perfectly demonstrates the allure of fascism.

I would say that part of the point of showing how insinuating and powerful propagandistic/nationalistic anthems can be, in this particular instance, is in the way that hearing the English lyrics subverts the movie's audience in the same way that it sways the characters onscreen: The audience members themselves are roused and swept-up by the power that all choruses have to get people "singing along" in their heads (and "souls":wink:.

This is why I linked this performance, it perfectly captures the spirit of how the Fascist ideology entraps the working class, often Fascists are dismissed by Leftists, and Liberals especially as being perceived simply ignorant racists screaming on a podium, something no rational educated person today would get fooled by, this leads to an extremely dangerous underestimation of their threat.

[video="youtube;FN7r0Rr1Qyc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FN7r0Rr1Qyc[/video]

That is one hot actor.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending