The Student Room Group
Liverpool John Moores University
Liverpool

Are there sport clubs at ljmu eg (tennis), what societies are there?

Hi there, I'm thinking of going ljmu and was wondering are there sports club especially tennis. How good is the experience/ is there competitions eg vs other uni like UOL tennis team. Can I beginner also join abd is it a friendly community.Hope someone who's has joined the tennis in ljmu can respond I'm just curious.
Also what societies are there can you give examples.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi there, I'm thinking of going ljmu and was wondering are there sports club especially tennis. How good is the experience/ is there competitions eg vs other uni like UOL tennis team. Can I beginner also join abd is it a friendly community.Hope someone who's has joined the tennis in ljmu can respond I'm just curious.
Also what societies are there can you give examples.

Not sure about tennis but there's loads of societies. Go on the JMSU website they're all listed there
Liverpool
Hi :smile:

We have loads of opportunities to get involved with sport at LJMU - you will find a list of all our current sport teams (including tennis!) here

As well as sports teams that compete outside of the university, we also have a couple of other programmes.

Our Intramural leagues are inside of the university, meaning you're competing against other students from LJMU. This is your chance to make up a team from your halls, your class or just a random group of friends. You can find out what teams we have for intramural sport here

We also have our 'Play Sport' programme which means that you can just turn up and play sport! There is no membership, you are not in a league and all you need to do is come along every week just to have fun in a less competitive environment than the other leagues. You can attend as many sessions as you wish with no weekly commitment to attend.

Our gym and sports facilities are also amazing - it's only £25 a year(!) to join.

Charlotte

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending