The Student Room Group

GCSE Triple Science. freesciencelesson or mygcsescience

Scroll to see replies

I used both and ended up with 2A*s and an A.
I have a question... I'm about to sit for my GCSE's in Year 11, and since I really want a 9 in triple science which were three of the options I selected during options week; should I start studying basic gcse syllabus now? I also wanted to inquire whether the syllabus for GCSE will be changed before 2019, as I'll be sitting for my exams then. Thanks for your time and have a great day!
Start slow and early. I made the mistake of throwing away notes in year 10 (idek why). If you start early, trust me it will be easier. Since you're doing the new GCSE, you can't really use freesciencelessons' flash cards. But since I am in year 11 and doing the old GCSE, they work. Just watch his videos and make notes.
Sorry if I was so late. I am also in a rush, need to go for an apoointmen
Thanks man, I really appreciate it. Will the new spec contain the same topics covered in the new spec or will it be entirely different?
Original post by RandomStudent_
Thanks man, I really appreciate it. Will the new spec contain the same topics covered in the new spec or will it be entirely different?

It is similar to the old specification but there are more topics in the new topics. Also, i don't think there is any coursework and you have to know all the formulas.
Original post by RandomStudent_

I am certain most of it should be the same, just harder. Same principles. Probably a couple of topics from A-Level. Then again, all Unit 3's are relatively hard in themselves. Just put your head down. Just message me for more advice.

Another piece of advice. If anyone says it is too late or too early then ignore them. Though I don't advise, you could revise, for example, Biology in a day and get an A/A*. Likewise, you can study for 5 months and get a B. Nothing is too early or too late, as long as you manage your time well. The people who say it is too early, are either try hards secretly studying, or are just one of those expert crammers, who don't stress (I crumble under pressure terribly). The people who say it is too late, you get the idea...
My advice is, start early. Imagine that feeling, walking into that exam, with everyone stressing over not revising enough or at all, and you're just sitting there ready for the exam. I just think of that and it helps me. And after your GCSEs, the 3 months of freedom. Thank God for stufy leave. Early holidays!!! Good luck with everything.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by sunshine774
FREE SCIENCE LESSONS!!!:biggrin:

But the ISA'S were SO easy?!:tongue:

EXACTLY! freesciencelessons is the best full stop. and in my ISAs i got 2 A* and 1 B because im very weak at chemistry :smile:
Hi! I got three 8s for my final gcses relying 100% on Freesciencelessons for notes, no class/teacher notes, no textbook and doing a couple last minute past paper questions. I got 9s for bio and physics in my last mocks (we aren't going to talk about the chem 6 in all my mocks), unfortunately I just didn't have the best finals with AQAs confusing advanced spec for 2022. I had the worst chem teacher imaginable too, who wasted all of my time, so Shaun was the only external contributor to my chem 8, and having to take hours outside of school for him to teach me the entire subject may have had an impact on my other 2 science grades. But 9s just with him are def possible, after going through the marking schemes I can confirm he has the perfect amount of detail. My friend got 3 9s (she was top of our school all round) and we would meet up and watch him together and make notes and do past papers before every final exam, but she also used some notes from the teacher for physics and started studying slightly earlier then me I think, working more consistently before it got to the last (Feb) mocks and doing a handful of past paper questions (mathsandphysicstutor) for earlier mocks and class tests. I had a system of screenshotting the important stuff (most of the stuff Shaun would display on screen) and writing it in question format on flashcards after each video. The time it took for me personally for each video (including watch time and note taking):- physics - 10 mins- chem - 15 mins- bio - 30 minsI only started this during the last mocks, which were for one of each science paper so when the final exam period started I literally had 0 notes for some of the other science papers and so using this flashcard method sometimes 3 days before an exam to learn from scratch saw me through. For the physics paper 2 I had no notes but about 3 days to learn and he only had about 24 videos which meant less then 2 hours watch time 2 hours notes time. So u can get really far in a really short amount of time. However, in future years you won't have as long in between exams as 2022 was a special case due to covid, so I would just recommend spending those couple of hours (about 10 for each bio paper only doing what was definitely in the paper according to advanced spec so you will have to do more videos) completing the notes during your early mock periods. This will mean you have a complete set of notes with all the info you need and can begin to do past papers earlier than the night before and get the highest grade possible. Genuinely though there is nobody I could recommend more, Freesciebcelessons learning is the most efficient by far which makes him the absolute best starting point because he covers all and anything else you use will just be additional assurance of top grades. I struggle to read and didn't find a textbook I could use so Freesciencelessons was a Godsend for me, I am so grateful to him.

Quick Reply

Latest