The Student Room Group

Physics Aqa GCSE help

I struggle a lot with physics and I don’t understand any of it to be quite honest. I do triple science and am really struggling with this in particular. I’ve had several teachers this year who haven’t necessarily taught us and now my mocks are coming up I don’t know where to begin. I’ll take the blame entirely as I should have started revising sooner but I’ve only got three weeks and am desperate. Physics has always been my weakness but under these circumstances it’s only becoming worse and I’d be surprised if I got above a grade 1.
Original post by IBella09
I struggle a lot with physics and I don’t understand any of it to be quite honest. I do triple science and am really struggling with this in particular. I’ve had several teachers this year who haven’t necessarily taught us and now my mocks are coming up I don’t know where to begin. I’ll take the blame entirely as I should have started revising sooner but I’ve only got three weeks and am desperate. Physics has always been my weakness but under these circumstances it’s only becoming worse and I’d be surprised if I got above a grade 1.
With physics, I have revised by making my notes - so that I will understand the concepts through my reasoning. Making images and drawings help notes stand out and stick to your memory - e.g. maybe I highlighted different wires in an electrical circuit - earth, live, and neutral in different colours, then I associate these colours with the wires and it would be easier to memorise colours rather than names.

I would say watching videos that help with Physics, like Primrose Kitten and FreeScienceLessons, helps fill in the gaps of knowledge your teacher may have forgotten to advise.

Goodluck with your mocks! I wish you all the best.
Original post by IBella09
Moreover, don't take mock exams that badly, as they aren't the real exam yet! Stay calm and take this as an experience of what it feels like during the exams.
Reply 3
Original post by jelllyfiiish
With physics, I have revised by making my notes - so that I will understand the concepts through my reasoning. Making images and drawings help notes stand out and stick to your memory - e.g. maybe I highlighted different wires in an electrical circuit - earth, live, and neutral in different colours, then I associate these colours with the wires and it would be easier to memorise colours rather than names.

I would say watching videos that help with Physics, like Primrose Kitten and FreeScienceLessons, helps fill in the gaps of knowledge your teacher may have forgotten to advise.

Goodluck with your mocks! I wish you all the best.

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest