The Student Room Group

Mocks

I have my mocks from the 19th of June onwards, how long before then should I begin revising? How long should I revise for each subject?

I'm trying to get a high 9 in maths so that I can get further maths for year 11, and all 9s in science so that I can remain in set 1 to do triple. Ideally I want to get mainly grade 9s, and a few 8s (as that's what I'm predicted).
Original post by georgia2211
I have my mocks from the 19th of June onwards, how long before then should I begin revising? How long should I revise for each subject?

I'm trying to get a high 9 in maths so that I can get further maths for year 11, and all 9s in science so that I can remain in set 1 to do triple. Ideally I want to get mainly grade 9s, and a few 8s (as that's what I'm predicted).

Hi, here are my tips
1) Make a list of all the subjects you need to revise for and order them based on most difficult to least difficult (put biology, chemistry and physics as separate and also separate english lit and lang)
2) Start with the most difficult subject and work your way down to the least difficult
3) To revise for a subject, list all the topics you need to revise and go through the hardest topics (cognito, freesciencelessons, gcse maths tutor, glow up your grades are good for this)
4) Then do practice questions (PMT, maths genie, corbett maths and MME revise have great notes + past papers)
5) Don't stress too much and don't neglect yourself, always take breaks and if at any time, you don't feel like revising you don't have to force yourself to do too much work, only do as much as you can handle.
I hope that helps and good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest