Maths
Further Maths and Statistics
Biology (triple science)
Chemistry (triple science)
Physics (triple science)
Computer Science
French

I am predicted 7s, 8s and a 9.

However, I would love to get 8s/9s in everything. (Mostly I am predicted 7s with two 8s and one 9 in maths)

This Summer, I am going to work extra hard revising and practicing for my GCSEs next year (in year 11 - it will be 2024 when I do my GCSEs)

I have made a revision timetable, where I am going to spend more time on the subjects I find most difficult (French, English Language and English Literature) and am going to spend less time on the other subjects (but still at least 20min/day in every subject)

Please could you let me know any tips for revision, and some useful websites/youtube videos/youtube channels that are great for revising and any tips you may have. Also please could you let me know what you think of my plans for revision?

Thank you!

Btw here are some of my ideas already for revision:

For French, revise the exam board vocab list and use Duolingo frequently (also use past paper questions)

For English Literature, go through the revision guides and make mind maps for quotes/themes/ideas

For English Language, past paper questions

For Computer Science, do lots of practice coding and past paper questions

For Maths (and Further Maths and Statistics), use drfrostmaths and past paper questions

For Biology, Chemistry and Physics, use past paper questions and make flashcards

(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by amber.07
Hello there :h:

I am currently in year 10, and am studying for my GCSEs in:

English Literature
English Language
Maths
Biology (triple science)
Physics (triple science)
Computer Science
French

However, I would love to get 8s/9s in everything. (Mostly I am predicted 7s with two 8s and one 9 in maths)

This Summer, I am going to work extra hard revising and practicing for my GCSEs next year (in year 11 - it will be 2024 when I do my GCSEs)

I have made a revision timetable, where I am going to spend more time on the subjects I find most difficult (French, English Language and English Literature) and am going to spend less time on the other subjects (but still at least 20min/day in every subject)

Please could you let me know any tips for revision, and some useful websites/youtube videos/youtube channels that are great for revising and any tips you may have. Also please could you let me know what you think of my plans for revision?

Thank you!

For French, revise the exam board vocab list and use Duolingo frequently (also use past paper questions)

For English Literature, go through the revision guides and make mind maps for quotes/themes/ideas

For Maths (and Further Maths and Statistics), use drfrostmaths and past paper questions

For Biology, Chemistry and Physics, use past paper questions and make flashcards

cognito.edu, dr de bruin (yt channel), emma the teacher (yt channel), freesciencelessons(yt channel) is quite good for science, also for science learn/understand the required practicals now as it is an easy 6 marker for all the papers.

maths - past papers and past papers ..., if u dont know a topic watch a vid on it then do questions

literature - watch vids (mr everything english), use revision guide, plan answers, actually do the questions and try get feedback from teachers

language - watch vids (mr everything english), use revision guide , do past papers

computer science - i have no idea but a guess would be, revision guide, vids plus past papers

french - continue what ur doing

lastly don't overburden urself. do a certain amount consistently and gradually raise it in January/february
Reply 2
Original post by rayhxn97
cognito.edu, dr de bruin (yt channel), emma the teacher (yt channel), freesciencelessons(yt channel) is quite good for science, also for science learn/understand the required practicals now as it is an easy 6 marker for all the papers.

maths - past papers and past papers ..., if u dont know a topic watch a vid on it then do questions

literature - watch vids (mr everything english), use revision guide, plan answers, actually do the questions and try get feedback from teachers

language - watch vids (mr everything english), use revision guide , do past papers

computer science - i have no idea but a guess would be, revision guide, vids plus past papers

french - continue what ur doing

lastly don't overburden urself. do a certain amount consistently and gradually raise it in January/february

Thank you so much! This is so helpful!

English Literature
English Language
Maths
Biology (triple science)
Physics (triple science)
Computer Science
French

Thank you!

Hi @amber.07 Well done for having a clear plan for you GCSE. What I would recommend is to pace yourself and try to prevent yourself from burning out. I would recommend scheduling having some social time with your friends this will give you almost like a reward to look forward to. For useful resources I would recommend using Dave and Craig for Computer Science. Freescience lessons for Science and for Math look into hegarty maths this was useful for me when I was doing GCSEs. Good Luck with your Exams!

Gurpej Kaur(Student Rep)
Hi @amber.07

I am a BA Dance student from the University of Lincoln. Your revision plan sounds great already but be mindful that things can get very busy and overwhelming during your final year - so it is important to be realistic of your goals as well. It really also depends on how you best learn. Some people find that visual learning such as mind maps, diagrams, flow charts work best for them as they can visualise the facts during the exam. In contrast, some people find that verbally reiterating the information such as flashcards or asking your family/ friends to ask you questions. I think a combination of each work in your favour as its always good to challenge your brain to memorise information in multiple of different ways. One skill I think is essential in practicing is past papers - these are something unfortunately I did not see the value of until very close to the exam but they are so underrated. Past papers give you a flavour of the real exam and allow you to enter the exam mindset. While completing a past paper might seem a massive challenge at first, you can try breaking it down into eg 3 sections or just practicing a question at a time using the allocated amount of time - remembering to check your answers at the end (this is the most important part as how else can you improve!)
Videos are also a great way to audibly listen to the information but make sure you jot down some notes while watching them as trust me by the end you will have forgotten everything discussed at the beginning!

I hope this helps and good luck with your revision :smile:
Abigail

English Literature
English Language
Maths
Biology (triple science)
Physics (triple science)
Computer Science
French

Thank you!

Reply 5
Original post by BCU Student Rep
Hi @amber.07 Well done for having a clear plan for you GCSE. What I would recommend is to pace yourself and try to prevent yourself from burning out. I would recommend scheduling having some social time with your friends this will give you almost like a reward to look forward to. For useful resources I would recommend using Dave and Craig for Computer Science. Freescience lessons for Science and for Math look into hegarty maths this was useful for me when I was doing GCSEs. Good Luck with your Exams!

Gurpej Kaur(Student Rep)

Thank you so much for the advice, Gurpej Kaur! I haven't heard of Dave and Craig before so I will definitely check it out!
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 6
Original post by UniOfLincolnStudent
Hi @amber.07

I am a BA Dance student from the University of Lincoln. Your revision plan sounds great already but be mindful that things can get very busy and overwhelming during your final year - so it is important to be realistic of your goals as well. It really also depends on how you best learn. Some people find that visual learning such as mind maps, diagrams, flow charts work best for them as they can visualise the facts during the exam. In contrast, some people find that verbally reiterating the information such as flashcards or asking your family/ friends to ask you questions. I think a combination of each work in your favour as its always good to challenge your brain to memorise information in multiple of different ways. One skill I think is essential in practicing is past papers - these are something unfortunately I did not see the value of until very close to the exam but they are so underrated. Past papers give you a flavour of the real exam and allow you to enter the exam mindset. While completing a past paper might seem a massive challenge at first, you can try breaking it down into eg 3 sections or just practicing a question at a time using the allocated amount of time - remembering to check your answers at the end (this is the most important part as how else can you improve!)
Videos are also a great way to audibly listen to the information but make sure you jot down some notes while watching them as trust me by the end you will have forgotten everything discussed at the beginning!

I hope this helps and good luck with your revision :smile:
Abigail

Thank you Abigail :smile: Your advice is very helpful!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending