The Student Room Group

Accounting and finance degree?

What is accounting and finance degree like ? Is it as hard as A level maths or not and is it worth me dropping a year of University studying sports and education to do an accounting degree or not ?
Original post by adnan09871
What is accounting and finance degree like ? Is it as hard as A level maths or not and is it worth me dropping a year of University studying sports and education to do an accounting degree or not ?

From what I know, it involves a range of skills. At Bath for example you do a first year unit in Computing where you learn about VBA in Excel.

You also study Finance and Accounting modules, which doesn't involve complicated maths but the knowledge required to understand and break down situations is probably be the toughest bit.

You also study a bit of Law and Economics, which involve a fair bit of studying and writing. There might be a bit of maths in the Econ but I'm not sure.

You also do a maths module that brings your skills up to speed.

There is a slo a placement year and a friend of mine went to America for his.

I would have done this course if I didn't want to study Maths as it sounds very interesting, and seems to lead to a career that is quite rewarding in terms of money.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending