The Student Room Group

Accounting vs accounting and finance

I don’t get the different between the 2 degrees… I’ve done a bit of research but I’ve still got a question. Can I be an accountant if I do accounting and finance? Which jobs can I not do if I do accounting and finance instead of accounting?
(In the UK).

Also what’s the difference between an accountancy degree vs an accounting degree.
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 1
Which universities are you looking at? Different universities call some courses accountancy rather than accounting and finance for different reasons.
Original post by Alevelhelp.1
I don’t get the different between the 2 degrees… I’ve done a bit of research but I’ve still got a question. Can I be an accountant if I do accounting and finance? Which jobs can I not do if I do accounting and finance instead of accounting?
(In the UK).

Also what’s the difference between an accountancy degree vs an accounting degree.

Hi there!

The name of the course will depend on the university you go to, but they tend to mean the same thing.

In regards to becoming an accountant following your degree, don't worry. You don't need a degree at all to become an accountant in the UK. You will have access to a similar amount of jobs, but the accounting and finance pathway will be more attractive to employers, as it involves a wider array of developed skill, compared to just pure accounting.

Hope this helps!

Marko
Accounting and Finance BSc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending