The Student Room Group

Help i beg you

Ok sorry the title was a lil beggy but can i have some suggestions pleasseeeeeee

Ok so i can't choose between English Lit and Sociology as there in the same column -

Sociology seems more interesting and the course looks AMAZING but English Lit is more respected kinda thing and i loved GCSE ALSO,

I can't choose between Art, RE and Psyhcology I'm talented in art and i think my career will be art based but the work is maddddd omg

Can't choose between Psychology and RE - haven't done psychology and the mind is so interesting - but i love RE at GCSE and the Alevel looks so fun

Sorry for being so clueless
Original post by happychatty
Ok sorry the title was a lil beggy but can i have some suggestions pleasseeeeeee

Ok so i can't choose between English Lit and Sociology as there in the same column -

Sociology seems more interesting and the course looks AMAZING but English Lit is more respected kinda thing and i loved GCSE ALSO,

I can't choose between Art, RE and Psyhcology I'm talented in art and i think my career will be art based but the work is maddddd omg

Can't choose between Psychology and RE - haven't done psychology and the mind is so interesting - but i love RE at GCSE and the Alevel looks so fun

Sorry for being so clueless

From my own experience, I would say choose what you find the most interesting. Don't get too wrapped up in the "respected subjects" stigma like I did.
A-level Art will require a lot of work but so will all subjects! I also consider myself to be talented at art but didn't choose it as an A-level for the same reason that you mentioned. However, right now I can say that I'd much rather be stressing out about drawing and painting (which I enjoy and am good at) than stressing out about Physics ray diagrams (which I don't enjoy and am **** at).

Psychology will tie in really well with Sociology (if you choose it) so that's something to consider too. Trust me, if some of your subjects are similar then it will make your life SO much easier!
Reply 2
I'd choose english literature over sociology because the world of literature is so vast and beautiful that the journey of learning about different styles of writing is very much worth it. Sociology is also interesting but also very specific as a career choice. English literature can also cover english language topics and enables opportunities such as teaching around the world. If you are fairly good at arty things then it's a good subject to develop, especially if you create a stunning piece of artwork that everyone admires, plus producing artwork is good for stress relief and creative development. I wouldn't recommend religious studies because i personally feel it's time that the syllabus focused on the sciences rather than the god's that are still to be seen and recorded as official evidence, but i'm atheist so i would say that. Psychology is very interesting and i'd say more worthwhile than art studies, only because of the various jobs and careers you can get from a psychology qualification. Most importantly, choose the subjects that you feel you will benefit the most in terms of job prospects and personal enjoyment, because enjoying the studies of the chosen subjects is paramount.

Quick Reply

Latest