The Student Room Group

how to stop obsessing on getting a boyfriend

how can I stop trying to get a boyfriend and just relax. I feel like I’m always on edge trying to find the next guy and it feels unhealthy
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
how can I stop trying to get a boyfriend and just relax. I feel like I’m always on edge trying to find the next guy and it feels unhealthy

Hi,
I guess you should think about why you want a boyfriend, as it seems like you're trying to fill a hole somewhere in your life. Maybe you're unsatisfied with your course, or have some spare time that could be filled by a hobbie or part time job, for instance.
Hope this helps
Probably just natural feelings, the law of nature.
Original post by oglez92
Hi,
I guess you should think about why you want a boyfriend, as it seems like you're trying to fill a hole somewhere in your life. Maybe you're unsatisfied with your course, or have some spare time that could be filled by a hobbie or part time job, for instance.
Hope this helps

Literally :lol:

Spoiler

@OP, I know it can seem lonely and tough (especially when you see sooo many smug couples rubbing it in your face; either IRL, on TV or all over social media), that it distracts you from some of the advantages / benefits of being single (I've made it gender neutral in the interests of equality lol). Off the top of my head they include:-

1) There's always that feeling of hope / anticipation (you never know who you're going to meet on your next escapade)
2) You can flirt with / perve over whoever you like... and there's no jealous partner to worry about
3) You can do what you want, when you want... and with WHOEVER you want
4) You don't have to bother tidying up your flat OR you place is always spotless (delete as appropriate)
5) You always have the final say on what to eat, what to watch on TV, where to go etc.
6) You can spend your Saturday afternoons watching sports or shoe shopping, without being told you're a sad-case
7) NO annoying friends or "In-laws" you have to pretend to like
8) You save a fortune at Christmas / Valentines day as well as birthdays / anniversaries
9) ... and with all that money, you can treat yourself to a night down at the Chippendales / Spearmint Rhinos and be the star attraction.
10) TBF being single is the perfect excuse to *ahem*... "see to your own needs" :wink:

So yeah, make the most of them... cause you'll miss them as soon as you land yourself a fella
(edited 9 months ago)
Just think about the icks of relationships
1. He doesn't treat you with flowers or small things (not to be showered with gifts byt the small cute things that make you go awh he though if me)
2. He spends most of his time on his gaming console
3. He has no savings or career progression plan
4. No passions
5. He has a gambling problem
6, you have to remind himto shower and beg him to brush his teeth
7. You have to plan your own dates and lie to your friends it was him so they dont bully you because hes throughtless
8. When he brushes of your needs its okay but if his needs arent met he begs you until you cave and give him what he wants
9. That awkward sit on the edge of the bed phase when you firstgo in eachothers rooms
10. Meeting his family and his siter being a *****
11. They ask for nudes
I can go on if this isnt helping
Original post by Anonymous
Just think about the icks of relationships
1. He doesn't treat you with flowers or small things (not to be showered with gifts byt the small cute things that make you go awh he though if me)
2. He spends most of his time on his gaming console
3. He has no savings or career progression plan
4. No passions
5. He has a gambling problem
6, you have to remind himto shower and beg him to brush his teeth
7. You have to plan your own dates and lie to your friends it was him so they dont bully you because hes throughtless
8. When he brushes of your needs its okay but if his needs arent met he begs you until you cave and give him what he wants
9. That awkward sit on the edge of the bed phase when you firstgo in eachothers rooms
10. Meeting his family and his siter being a *****
11. They ask for nudes
I can go on if this isnt helping

Girl, you really know how to pick 'em don cha :eek:
Original post by Old Skool Freak
Girl, you really know how to pick 'em don cha :eek:

These aren't my problems luckily its just very common icks you can find with guys

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending