The Student Room Group

A2 AQA Biology essay question (paper 3)

Hi everyone!

Basically we've just been told that we have a synoptic essay question in paper 3. We did a practise essay question 3 weeks ago but my teacher still hasn't returned them because she "[doesn't] understand how to mark them".

Exam time is quickly coming and I can't be having exam essay questions back every 3 weeks (at least - last time it was 3 months). I need the feedback to improve and this is worth 25 marks so I need to get the best possible mark to boost my points :smile:

My question to you is: would anyone like to swap essay-style question answers so we can give each other feedback on how to improve?
Original post by Amefish
Hi everyone!

Basically we've just been told that we have a synoptic essay question in paper 3. We did a practise essay question 3 weeks ago but my teacher still hasn't returned them because she "[doesn't] understand how to mark them".

Exam time is quickly coming and I can't be having exam essay questions back every 3 weeks (at least - last time it was 3 months). I need the feedback to improve and this is worth 25 marks so I need to get the best possible mark to boost my points :smile:

My question to you is: would anyone like to swap essay-style question answers so we can give each other feedback on how to improve?

Are u doing new spec aqa or old spec?
Reply 2
Original post by CrazyFoxes
Are u doing new spec aqa or old spec?

New spec!
Original post by Amefish
New spec!

Aww, I am doing old spec haha.We have a 25 marker question too but in our last A2 paper, it is pretty similar to your's i think.Mark scheme is your best help!Whatever topic they give u , u must write down everything u know about it/diagrams if their are/chemical equations/key words of processes.

They split the 25 marks in to parts , i think the examiners report explains it in detail.Some marks go to explaining,some go to the clarity of your sentences and stuff.Hopefully someone goes in to more detail!
5 paragraphs basically brainfarting topics relevant.

4 out of 5 paragraphs must be science related (just knowledge) and linking to title. (EG- why receptors are important.... don't just say they are important=EXPLAIN i.e reflex actions for safety... YOU WILL LOOSE EASY MARKS IF YOU DO NOT DO THIS)

5th paragraph is all science.

2 marks for off syllabus stuff but it MUST be relevant. You loose relevance marks if it is off topic. I'd sacrifice the 2 marks to make it relevant if I were you.

I have been getting 23/25 on my essays- I get mine marked each week. I also have some I did badly (16/25) if you want some comparison.

Just PM if you would like them or I can post them on here (don't blame my spelling mistakes...)
Reply 5
Original post by sammy2012

4 out of 5 paragraphs must be science related (just knowledge) and linking to title. (EG- why receptors are important.... don't just say they are important=EXPLAIN i.e reflex actions for safety... YOU WILL LOOSE EASY MARKS IF YOU DO NOT DO THIS)

2 marks for off syllabus stuff but it MUST be relevant. You loose relevance marks if it is off topic. I'd sacrifice the 2 marks to make it relevant if I were you.

I have been getting 23/25 on my essays- I get mine marked each week. I also have some I did badly (16/25) if you want some comparison.

Just PM if you would like them or I can post them on here (don't blame my spelling mistakes...)

Thanks a lot! :h: I'll send you a pm
Reply 6
Hi is it possible for you to give me some feedback on mine? I've never been able to get feedback from the teachers so it would be really helpful if you could! Thanks.

(I'm doing AQA new spec).
(edited 6 years ago)

Can I also see your essays. Teacher only did 1 lesson on it.
Reply 8

will you be able to send them to me too?
would really appreciate it

Hi could you please send me them too? I would really appreciate the help of essays, as model essays

Hi, I would really appreciate it if you could you send the essays to me too
Could you send me one aswell??? Thank you :smile:

Reply 12
Could you send them to me too! Thanks in advance!

Original post by Rxmxi
Could you send them to me too! Thanks in advance!

Could you please send me them too?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending