The Student Room Group

psychology or biology?

Hello, I am in y11 and unsure if I should do psychology or biology for my fourth y12 subject that I will then drop. my other subjects are all essay based and I hope to go into law/international relations something along those lines, so not down the stem/science route. I know biology is considered a lot harder, and there is an essay in paper 3 (school does aqa) but I don’t think there is an essay in y12 content? I could be wrong. But I know psychology is much more essay based with case studies, which I think I’ll struggle with since I’m taking 3 other essay Alevels. But bio seems to have more content in general so I’m not sure. My father is a doctor (GP) and he said he’d be willing to help me with either subject as both bio and psych he would have a good knowledge of since he’s a doctor.I’m really unsure what to do, I would prefer a more science subject in y12 to balance out my others but I still want to do good and bio is a lot harder.
Original post by zee1626
Hello, I am in y11 and unsure if I should do psychology or biology for my fourth y12 subject that I will then drop. my other subjects are all essay based and I hope to go into law/international relations something along those lines, so not down the stem/science route. I know biology is considered a lot harder, and there is an essay in paper 3 (school does aqa) but I don’t think there is an essay in y12 content? I could be wrong. But I know psychology is much more essay based with case studies, which I think I’ll struggle with since I’m taking 3 other essay Alevels. But bio seems to have more content in general so I’m not sure. My father is a doctor (GP) and he said he’d be willing to help me with either subject as both bio and psych he would have a good knowledge of since he’s a doctor.I’m really unsure what to do, I would prefer a more science subject in y12 to balance out my others but I still want to do good and bio is a lot harder.

i did a biology degree.... definitely choose psych lol. biology A level is wildly difficult (and i say that as someone who got 98% in my biology A level... i had to work bloody hard for it)
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 2
Original post by zee1626

I am in Yr 13 and doing Biology and Psychology. There was no essays for psychology in our college for Yr 13, Biology is twice as hard as psychology unless your really thick. I am expecting an A in both subject. Psychology has so many depressing lessons like quizes, crosswords, cut out paper hats and put on your head it bores me stiff.
Reply 3
Original post by Googley2
I am in Yr 13 and doing Biology and Psychology. There was no essays for psychology in our college for Yr 13, Biology is twice as hard as psychology unless your really thick. I am expecting an A in both subject. Psychology has so many depressing lessons like quizes, crosswords, cut out paper hats and put on your head it bores me stiff.

Hello, what exam board do you do for psych?

Sorry what do you mean by it’s twice as hard unless you’re thick? So if you’re smart you’ll find bio easier?

Quick Reply

Latest