The Student Room Group

The A-level grind

Hello :smile: I currently have an offer to study Veterinary Medicine and since then I have started to consistently study, and I figured making a thread like this where I can document it would motivate me even more. I currently take Biology, Chemistry and Geography. My attainment is good but I am aiming for the best

My academic background:
GCSEs:
Biology - 8
Geography - 8
English lit - 8
English lang - 7
Psychology - 7
Spanish - 7
RE - 7
Maths - 7
Physics - 7
Chemistry - 7

Predicted grades:
Biology - A
Chemistry - A
Geography - A*

February mocks:
Biology - A
Chemistry - A
Geography - A*

My aim: A*A*A* (Very high I know, but I figured that if I aim for all A*s then get all As that would still be a good outcome.)

Aims for study: 3-4 hours minimum on weekdays
Library 4-5 days per week
Most of my revision should be exam questions (unless I am covering content I am unsure of)
(edited 1 month ago)

Scroll to see replies

Week beginning: Monday 11th March
Monday:
Kinda slacked today as I burnt myself out last week but started some work on transition metals

Tuesday:
-Did active recall with biology anki flashcards (all topics)
-Notes on krebs cycle, oxidative phosphorylation and anaerobic respiration
-Past paper questions on respiration
-Learnt transition metals content
Total: 3 hours, 35 minutes

Wednesday:

Thursday:

Friday:

Saturday:

Sunday:
(edited 1 month ago)
Congratulations on your offer, you make me want to aim for 4A*s
Original post by biologylover5
Hello, I currently have an offer to study Veterinary Medicine and since then I have started to consistently study, and I figured making a thread like this where I can document it would motivate me even more. I currently take Biology, Chemistry and Geography. My attainment is good but I am aiming for the best.
My academic background:
GCSEs:
Biology - 8
Geography - 8
English lit - 8
English lang - 7
Psychology - 7
Spanish - 7
RE - 7
Maths - 7
Physics - 7
Chemistry - 7
Predicted grades:
Biology - A
Chemistry - A
Geography - A*
February mocks:
Biology - A
Chemistry - A
Geography - (waiting)
My aim: A*A*A* (Very high I know, but I figured that if I aim for all A*s then get all As that would still be a good outcome.)
Most of my revision should be exam questions (unless I am covering content I am unsure of)
Hi and welcome to gyg.
Your grades are so good and also well done on that vetnary medicine offer!
I also take bio and chem (yr 12 student here) so I am feeling inspired by you a lot lol. I hope everything goes well for you and I will be lurking around following your journer as a fellow gyg er.

Tagging some peeps who might want to also follow along!
@AspiringSurvivor @emm4nuella @study23! @milktee @kayleigh_t.27 @halfharry
Original post by BenzeneRing12
Sorry I just saw your username, and since in on organics in chem I just found it so cool😭
Original post by Tatakae L
Hi and welcome to gyg.
I also take bio and chem (yr 12 student here) so I am feeling inspired by you a lot lol. I hope everything goes well for you and I will be lurking around following your journer as a fellow gyg er.
Thanks for the tag bestie!
Hello, I currently have an offer to study Veterinary Medicine and since then I have started to consistently study, and I figured making a thread like this where I can document it would motivate me even more. I currently take Biology, Chemistry and Geography. My attainment is good but I am aiming for the best.
My academic background:
GCSEs:
Biology - 8
Geography - 8
English lit - 8
English lang - 7
Psychology - 7
Spanish - 7
RE - 7
Maths - 7
Physics - 7
Chemistry - 7
Predicted grades:
Biology - A
Chemistry - A
Geography - A*
February mocks:
Biology - A
Chemistry - A
Geography - (waiting)
Fellow yr 13, doing the same subjects as you except psychology instead of geography!
Congratulations on your vet med offer! If you don’t mind sharing which uni are you planning to firm/insurance?
Excited to follow you :yep:
Reply 6
My academic background:
GCSEs:
Biology - 8
Geography - 8
English lit - 8
English lang - 7
Psychology - 7
Spanish - 7
RE - 7
Maths - 7
Physics - 7
Chemistry - 7
Predicted grades:
Biology - A
Chemistry - A
Geography - A*
February mocks:
Biology - A
Chemistry - A
Geography - (waiting)
WELCOMEE TO GYG, those predicted and achieved grades are amazingg omg, and congrats on your offer 💪💪 looking forward to your updates 🤍
thanks @Tatakae L my love for the tag <33
Original post by milktee
WELCOMEE TO GYG, those predicted and achieved grades are amazingg omg, and congrats on your offer 💪💪 looking forward to your updates 🤍
anytime my love, we need to dish out support to everyone on the gyg and tsr community
Original post by AspiringSurvivor
Fellow yr 13, doing the same subjects as you except psychology instead of geography!
Congratulations on your vet med offer! If you don’t mind sharing which uni are you planning to firm/insurance?
Anytime bestieee
Reply 9
anytime my love, we need to dish out support to everyone on the gyg and tsr community
yuppp we do 💪🤍
Sorry I just saw your username, and since in on organics in chem I just found it so cool😭

😭 funnily enough I came up with it whilst in a chemistry lesson about benzene rings thought it was quite fitting
😭 funnily enough I came up with it whilst in a chemistry lesson about benzene rings thought it was quite fitting
Hahah yess defo.
My academic background:
GCSEs:
Biology - 8
Geography - 8
English lit - 8
English lang - 7
Psychology - 7
Spanish - 7
RE - 7
Maths - 7
Physics - 7
Chemistry - 7
Predicted grades:
Biology - A
Chemistry - A
Geography - A*
February mocks:
Biology - A
Chemistry - A
Geography - (waiting)
heya welcome to grow your grades <3 - fellow y13 student here!! :biggrin: well done on your offer btw
Hi and welcome to gyg.

My academic background:
GCSEs:
Biology - 8
Geography - 8
English lit - 8
English lang - 7
Psychology - 7
Spanish - 7
RE - 7
Maths - 7
Physics - 7
Chemistry - 7
Predicted grades:
Biology - A
Chemistry - A
Geography - A*
February mocks:
Biology - A
Chemistry - A
Geography - (waiting)

WELCOME TO THE GYG COMMUNITY:
Here's my gyg:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7446909
My academic background:
GCSEs:
Biology - 8
Geography - 8
English lit - 8
English lang - 7
Psychology - 7
Spanish - 7
RE - 7
Maths - 7
Physics - 7
Chemistry - 7
Predicted grades:
Biology - A
Chemistry - A
Geography - A*
February mocks:
Biology - A
Chemistry - A
Geography - (waiting)
well done on that offer, that's incredible !! i'm also in year 13 and i'm doing chem too <3 i'll be happy to follow you on your journey !!

here is my gyg if you wanna check it out <3 https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7451210
Original post by AspiringSurvivor
Hi there! Thank you for commenting, i have firmed the university of nottingham. I dont really have an insurance as that was my only vet med offer, but i’m happy to go there regardless and they gave me a reduced offer :smile:
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by miss_nia
well done on that offer, that's incredible !! i'm also in year 13 and i'm doing chem too <3 i'll be happy to follow you on your journey !!
here is my gyg if you wanna check it out <3 https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7451210
Thanks so much! I will be sure to follow it
Original post by milktee

Thanks sooo much :smile:

Thank you! And id definitely recommend you do it, putting in maximum effort means you'll know you did the best you could on results day :smile:
Original post by emm4nuella
heya welcome to grow your grades <3 - fellow y13 student here!! :biggrin: well done on your offer btw

Hi there! than you soo much :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending