The Student Room Group

Easter Revision

Hey, I'm just wondering how much you guys are revising per day for GCSE's over the Easter? I'm doing 6 hours of solid revision a day, and I'm worried im not doing enough. Also, if anyone knows any good ways to revise dates / facts for case studies in Geography let me know, there are like 65 :frown:
Reply 1
I'd say six hours a day is pretty good. Make sure after every hour you have a 15 minute break otherwise your
concentration levels go down. I'm also doing 6 hours a day and it seems to be working fine for me.

Just make sure you're not staring at you're notes for the whole time but also doing lots of past papers.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Honestly, I don't think you would need to do any more than that. 6 hours is probably the limit tbh. I'd say 4 hours is probably still a good amount. Make sure your take loads of breaks and that you're actively learning instead of passively reading.
Original post by procrastinater16
Hey, I'm just wondering how much you guys are revising per day for GCSE's over the Easter? I'm doing 6 hours of solid revision a day, and I'm worried im not doing enough. Also, if anyone knows any good ways to revise dates / facts for case studies in Geography let me know, there are like 65 :frown:

6 hours a day is more than enough, I do RS and lots of my friends do geo so ik the workload is a lot. I get you lol, I spend legit nearly 3 hours on RS
Original post by LucaDGS
I'd say six hours a day is pretty good. Make sure after every hour you have a 15 minute break otherwise your
concentration levels go down. I'm also doing 6 hours a day and it seems to be working fine for me.

Just make sure you're not staring at you're notes for the whole time but also doing lots of past papers.

Thank you thats really helpful :smile: Some people are doing 12 hours and that seemed excessive to me but i started to panic, thank you :smile:
Reply 5
Thank you thats really helpful :smile: Some people are doing 12 hours and that seemed excessive to me but i started to panic, thank you :smile:

No problem :smile:

I'm also doing round about 6 hours a day although today it was more like 7 because I underestimated how much time I needed for some of my revision.
6 hours is plenty imo because if you do too much it loses it's usefulness.

Quick Reply

Latest